Memory allocation error during import of Quicken Transfer Format (.QXF) file

Only 131 transactions in the single account I am importing, yet there were 216 errors during import.  Log file shows lots of:

Memory allocation error.  (Task manager showed memory usage flat at about 50%)
Failed to create category ... (All of the imported transactions were uncategorized.)
Unable to find category for transaction. (All of the imported transactions were uncategorized!)
Unable to find transfer account for transaction. (None of the of the imported transactions were transfers.)

Popup said the import was successful.  Can I trust it?

Other threads from 2 years back say the QXF import is hopelessly broken.  What is your opinion - still true today?

I am looking for a simple way to cut and paste 131 transactions from an older data file (source) to a newer one (target) that is missing them.  To simplify and increase the chance of success, I deleted all accounts, transactions, categories, securities, etc. from the source file except the 131 transactions in the single account.  Both the source and target data files were validated and super-validated.

This is Quicken 2019 R17.6 on Windows 10. 

Update: I renamed the account in the source so it no longer matches the account in the target.  Now only 136 errors:

Unable to find category for transaction. (All of the imported transactions were uncategorized!)
Unable to find transfer account for transaction. (None of the of the imported transactions were transfers.)

Comments

• splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27
    If you are going from Mac to Win, yes, the QXF import is broken.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Craig HollisterCraig Hollister Member ✭✭
    edited January 27
    splasher said:

If you are going from Mac to Win, yes, the QXF import is broken.

No this is Windows 10 and Quicken 2019 R17.6 for both source and target.
  • Craig HollisterCraig Hollister Member ✭✭
    edited January 27
    Seems to have worked, despite the greater than 1.0 error-to-transaction ratio.