Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Golden 1 CU - Manually imported via .QFX now want to connect to account, how to avoid duplicates?

I started with connecting my Golden 1 Credit Union account to Quicken which worked fine but only went back 90 days, I need to start with 1/1/18 through today so I deleted that account, downloaded the .QFX file from Golden 1 and imported that into Quicken, all good so far (except having to manually categorize 1700 transactions) , my questions:

1) I want to connect this account now to my Golden One online account to stay up to date with regular updates, but I am concerned it is going to double import the last 90 days as it does when you first connect the account, any way around this?  Chat support seems to think not, but I have to imagine this issue has come up before with a solution?

2) Anyone that has gone through this same process, were the names of the transactions different on a .QFX import vrs regular web connect weekly automated import thus not matching the correct categories? 

Thanks in advance for any help/response. 

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello Scott,

Sorry, you haven't received a response.

I would go to File and Save a backup and then link the account.

I haven't seen any duplications after this process, if it does happen you can then restore a backup.

If you are too weary to attempt this you can add a brand new account, this will download the last few months and you can move the transactions from the second account into this newly created account.

For more information on how to move transactions, please seehttps://www.quicken.com/support/move-transactions-between-quicken-accounts

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Scott,
    Are you still experiencing this issue?

Please let us know so that we can best help you.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.