BMO Harris- Downloading Pending Transactions and Reporting an Incorrect Online Balance

markus1957markus1957 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
The new BMO Harris digital banking platform activated last week is downloading pending transactions and reporting an incorrect online balance.

Comments

• markus1957markus1957 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like much of this discussion was lost in the migration to this new website. As of this morning, I see that maybe web connect qfx manual downloads from BMO may no longer be including pending transactions. That's based on one account and one download. Can anyone else confirm?

EWC on the other hand is still downloading pending transactions and incorrect online balances that are based on pending transactions.
  • FredAMertzFredAMertz Unconfirmed, Member
    Well, you can't download pending transactions from the BMO Harris website directly.  The website filters those out...or if you select a date range, pending transactions don't appear within that range.

However, if you use Express Web Connect, the pending transactions STILL download into Quicken.

So...NOT fixed. 

BTW, I complained to BMO Harris and they sent me an email on how to download via Web Connect...which wasn't what I asked for.  What I asked for was for them to stop sending pending transactions via Express Web Connect. 
    edited February 1
    For clarity, the qfx downloads after the digital banking change were in fact not filtering out pending transactions and including them in the qfx file. That has been fixed.

Looking at the OFX log, I'm seeing that Intuit is involved in assigning the FITID so it may be that the remaining problem is actually a Scripts Team issue that needs to be fixed by Intuit, Quicken's contractor.  See the log excerpts below.

Web Connect download-
    <STMTTRN>
    <TRNTYPE>OTHER
    <DTPOSTED>20190131120000
    <TRNAMT>-460.44
    <FITID>2019013100001
    <NAME>DDA DEBIT
    </STMTTRN>

EWC Download-
    <STMTTRN>
    <TRNTYPE>DEBIT
    <DTPOSTED>20190131
    <TRNAMT>-460.44
    <FITID>INTUIT-65127723302
    <INTU.CC_TXN_ID>65127723302
    <NAME>DDA DEBIT
    </STMTTRN>
  • FredAMertzFredAMertz Unconfirmed, Member
    All I know is that Express Web Connect is downloading pending transactions from BMO Harris...and then re-downloading them when they go from pending to posted.

I really don't care who's at fault.  I just want it fixed so it works again...like it should.

And can't we at least get an acknowledgement from the Quicken team here that this IS an issue and that they are working to get it fixed?  Instead, it's just crickets from them.  

I mean...where else do we have to go to in order to get this fixed?  
  • I'm in the same boat - ever since the migration I end up manually needing to clean up duplicates, that appear to have been created as pending initially and then cleared. I can see the dups in my OFX log, such as:

<STMTTRN>
    <TRNTYPE>DEBIT
    <DTPOSTED>20190130
    <TRNAMT>-5.06
    <FITID>INTUIT-65119228890
    <INTU.CC_TXN_ID>65119228890
    <NAME>(REDACTED)
    </STMTTRN>

<STMTTRN>
    <TRNTYPE>DEBIT
    <DTPOSTED>20190131
    <TRNAMT>-5.06
    <FITID>INTUIT-65126504725
    <INTU.CC_TXN_ID>65126504725
    <NAME>(REDACTED)
    </STMTTRN>

<STMTTRN>
    <TRNTYPE>DEBIT
    <DTPOSTED>20190131
    <TRNAMT>-5.06
    <FITID>INTUIT-65134979165
    <INTU.CC_TXN_ID>65134979165
    <NAME>(REDACTED)
    </STMTTRN>

These are all in the same OFX download and are clearly duplicates, even though only 1 posted at the bank and cleared.

How do we get this fixed??
    Crossing my fingers, but not holding my breath; today's OSU did not download the 2 pending transactions shown on the website. It's a good sign but the BMO Harris aggregator download timing often misses the last days transactions; time will tell if it is really fixed.
    edited February 4
    Day 2- Being the weekend, the pending transactions are still listed but they did not download. A very good sign.

Adding- Sadly this morning's download (Day 3) contained pending transactions.

• Nope...downloaded this morning and I had one pending transaction from BMO Harris...which then downloaded into Quicken via EWC.

So, no...it's not fixed.  
    Quicken Windows H&B 2017 Quicken Mac 2017
    Agreed it is not fixed for EWC; I had pending transactions download this morning