Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Can't add AT&T as Online Biller

I am testing out linking my bills under Quicken/Mac, and I added about 5 accounts successfully, but I can't add AT&T. I have verified the user name/password is correct by logging into the site. It then says it needs more information, and it asks me to confirm my phone number to send a text to, I assume for 2 factor auth ...but then almost immediately I get a screen that says "they are reporting your account is locked, suspended, or needs you to provide additional information. Please log in and check the status of your account - which I did thru Safari/Mac, logged in successfully, and there are no notices or communication of any issues. It says then I can go back to Quickness's and refresh the status of the eBiller. After I log in with Safari I immediately go back and click "Try again", and I immediately get a message "Unable to connect to Quicken Cloud.". Clicking "Try Again" at this point just keeps popping up the same message  "Unable to connect to Quicken Cloud".

Can this be fixed, or am I doing something wrong?

Answers

• Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Don. Appreciate your question.

We apologize for the issues with setting up your bills within Quicken forMac. Which version of Quicken for Mac are you using: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7307115/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-how-you-are-connected-to-the-internet

Please let us know so that we can best help you.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ah sorry:

Quicken for Mac:
    Version 5.10.1 (Build 510.25438.100)
    macOS 10.14.3
  • Axe21
    Axe21 Windows Beta Beta
    edited February 2019
    Has anyone else experienced issue login into AT&T Online Billing? It was working fine now i'm getting the same error as mentioned above.
  • Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    See pictures, the first shows the bill added on Windows, awaiting next bill post. On Mac, it comes back and asks to send a text to one of my AT&T phones, which I pick, then it says Quicken cloud locked - sounds like a bug in the Mac version...

• JTS
    JTS Member ✭✭
    I am experiencing a very similar problem with AT&T as an eBilller. In my case AT&T was working fine, this error appeared a couple of weeks ago. The error states account is locked (web access works fine). When I run "Update Login", I never get the two factor auth text message, nor have the ability to enter it.

Quicken for Mac:
    Version 5.10.1 (Build 510.25438.100)
    macOS 10.14.3
  • JTS
    JTS Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Exact same error.
  • cobiesson
    cobiesson Member ✭✭
    i can no longer download the AT&T bill into QWin.  It appears to long in to AT&T, asks to select a phone number to text a code. After I do this,  then Quicken gives error saying they cannot locate billers, try later.  I have tried for several days to correct..  When i first set it up a couple months back it worked.  Frustrating.  
  • Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Still no change in how this works in Mac, still get "Locked account" as shown above. Behavior is different on Windows side now, it has a drop down to pick a phone number to text a code to right on the user/password page, but after I enter user name and password, pick the phone from the ist on our AT&T account for my text, I get this, and I double checked user name and password multiple times - 

• cobiesson
    cobiesson Member ✭✭
    Until a few weeks ago I was receiving my AT&T online bills in WinQ2019.  That stopped.  I tried several attempts to correct including deleting the bill, then re-adding it.  It begins to log on using my login name and password, then asks to select a phone number for double verification.  I do so then receive the Quicken message "cannot update billers a this time". I have tied correcting this for about 3 weeks.  Any suggestions?
  • thorn5
    thorn5 Member ✭✭
    Quicken Deluxe for Windows 2019.  Cannot  link a reminder to biller (AT&T).   Error message says "Unable to Update Billers... Quicken could not retrieve the list of billers.  Please try again later."  Problem is most likely due to recent security features added by AT&T.  Is anyone else experiencing this issue?
  • thorn5
    thorn5 Member ✭✭
    Never mind.  Figured it out myself.
  • I'm getting the same error.

AT&T online was working fine and then suddenly it stated the account was locked.  I would try to update the logon and password and when it got to the two factor authorization it would error out.  I deleted the entry and tried to enter the biller again but it will not send the text so I can't add the online biller.

Quicken for Windows
    Version: R18.15
    Build: 27.1.18.15
    Windows 10 Pro, Version 1803
  • Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    AT&T is broken in both Quicken Mac and Windows - other threads reported:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/19984863#Comment_19984863
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/19985925#Comment_19985925
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/19984272#Comment_19984272

I am not sure why there has been no comment from Quicken, not even a "We know about it and we are working on it" like with some of the other bill accounts.
  • cobiesson
    cobiesson Member ✭✭
    Interesting. Thanks Don
  • thorn5
    thorn5 Member ✭✭
    Quicken Deluxe for Windows 2019 version R18.15 build 27.1.18.15:
    Ooops.  Problem just re-occurred.  Here's what is going on...  Tried to link a reminder (AT&T wireless) to an online bill.  Was able to login in after entering my user name and password.  Next screen indicated that my AT&T account needs additional information to be validated, then asks how I want to get my code.  A drop down menu list phone numbers to receive the code via text.  When I select my phone number, I never receive a text and always get the following error message on the last screen...  "Unable to update billers.  Quicken could not retrieve the list of billers.  Please try again later."

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?  
  • Alin
    Alin Member ✭✭✭
    I could never get the AT&T Biller to work
  • Vince
    Vince Member ✭✭
    Got this myself.

I have had the AT&T (wireless) online bill activated and working.  Occasionally, when some big SNAFU would happen since the switchover to the subscription-model QW, and the online bills wouldn't refresh, the word was "delete all your online bills & reinitiate them" which wouldn't initially work for all of them - and AT&T was one of them.  After the code team wrangled further, retrying setting up the online bills that weren't working, would finally work.

I thought it was happening again last week, and deleted all my online bills, validated, cleaned, closed & restarted, and reinitialized the online bills... ALL of them worked OK - EXCEPT the AT&T one.  A week later, it's still doing the same thing.

It would be really nice if someone from Quicken would take note of this thread, and figure out why this particular online bill isn't working, when many others are.
  • thorn5
    thorn5 Member ✭✭
    I contacted AT&T's billing department and told them about the problem several days ago.  They told me they would send a report about this directly to Quicken, to verify and check, why Quicken is not allowing me to access my AT&T billing account.  I have also reported the problem to Quicken via their pathetic Live Chat. They gave me a case number, but the problem still exists... no resolve.
  • I am having the same issue with ATT and now Directv since ATT took over and merged the accounts. ATT/DTV says it is quicken and quicken says it is ATT. Not really good support from either. I expect that from ATT but not quicken. I can log in to the ATT.DTV web portal for my accounts and everything works there. Is quicken going to fix this? 
  • Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Is there any reply or update from Quicken staff on this? There have been multiple people who have posted here that AT&T is not working. I can't link from Quicken/Mac, and Quicken/Windows is in some sort of limbo where it can't link per the "wrong format" error shown above and it can't be deleted either. Please address this or at least let us know what the plans are! Thanks.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I'd suggest contacting Quicken Support for an issue like this once it turns out to be more than a brief outage. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • thorn5
    thorn5 Member ✭✭
    Same question...  Is Quicken going to fix this?
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

I have attempted to duplicate the reported errors and behavior, but unfortunately cannot, I apologize.  I was able to successfully link too and update my personal AT&T account in both Quicken for Windows and Quicken for Mac.

If you are still receiving an error or unable to add AT&T as an Online Biller please contact Quicken Support for the best assistance with troubleshooting.  

These type of errors are associated with your individual Quicken ID profile and must be researched in our internal billing system with a ticket escalated to our Biller Providers if the error cannot be resolved by Support.

I hope this information is helpful and again appreciate the time taken to report these errors to the Community.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Vince
    Vince Member ✭✭
    Thanks Sarah.  You gave me an idea.  I'm still at work, but I'll try later resetting my Quicken Online (syncing) profile & let it rebuild, then try to relink to AT&T.   I'll post later how this turns out  
  • thorn5
    thorn5 Member ✭✭
    Vince,
    Did that work for you?
  • thorn5
    thorn5 Member ✭✭
    Sarah,
    I was on the phone with Quicken Support for over an hour yesterday.  They could not resolve this issue.  They gave me a reference # of 02519200.  Please research in your internal billing system with a ticket escalated to your Biller (AT&T).  Thank you. 
  • Joe Mazza
    Joe Mazza Member ✭✭
    Same issue here.
  • Vince
    Vince Member ✭✭
    Didn't work.  I tried resetting online data, let it rebuild, validate, exit app, restart app, let OSU run, and attempting to set up AT&T biller again... same error "Unable to update billers."

Now, if I recall (and since I'm "old" I may not be remembering right), when I first set up the AT&T biller when I first transitioned from non-subscription to subscription-model QW, setting AT&T online biller did NOT ask me for validation code to be sent via text to my phone.  Now, it does... and I have 4 numbers associated with my account.  I wonder if this is a symptom of the problem?

Sarah, did you get this "confirmation text" prompt when you successfully re-linked for your test?
  • lgmcd
    lgmcd Member
    I'm having the same exact problem.
  • I am having the same issue. I am unable to set up online bill for AT&T. Hopefully Quicken will provide a resolution soon.
This discussion has been closed.