Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Download Credit Card Transactions

I am trying to import older credit card transactions from my bank. My register for the account begins on June 1, 2018. I can export a QXF file from my bank for the prior dates, but when I try to import (Q2019 for Mac), nothing happens. Any suggestions?

Comments

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2019
    I have seen where the bank allows you to export older transactions as you are doing, but the file is blank (i.e., no transx) since they won't provide the older data.

You can confirm this is the case by opening the .qfx in any text editor such as TextEdit. It will show you if you have older transactions in that file when you scroll down past the bank header information.
  • Credit cards transactions from Chase won't download MANUALLY either.

• I've had problems downloading credit card transactions from Chase. I have read the .qxf file and it has many transactions in it. However, when I use Quicken to read the file it displays only one transaction. I'm using Quicken Windows
  • I am on a MAC OS High Sierra and have used Quicken for several years - all offline.  I just downloaded Q 2019 )since I can no longer use my Q 2007 on high Sierra for some reason.  So ... download of the program OK, but I decided to try setting up a credit card account so that I don't have to do it manually.  When I set one up for 2018 and set the dates in a range for that year, nothing showed up.  The I tried it for a 2019 account I only got a few entries from January for this  month.  Any thoughts on how to deal with this?
This discussion has been closed.