The issue with having more than 1 checking/saving(s) account still exists

I still can't add more than one savings or checking without having an issue.  Works great for about a week and then the accounts no longer updates.  I have the latest MAC OS and the latest Quicken update.  
Quicken User since the DOS days...

Comments

• lhossuslhossus SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Any error messages popping up, or in the Account Status window?

Also ...
    Look in ConnLog.txt file.
    If connected via Quicken Connect, look in the HTTPLog.txt file.
    If connected via Direct Connect, look in the OFXLog.txt file.

These files can be accessed via Help > Show Logs in Finder
    You will scroll to near the end of the file, to where the timestamps match the time of your online update session.
    Then look for anything that indicates a problem.

Let us know what you find.
    Quicken Mac Subscription
    macOS Sierra 10.12.6
  • No errors pop up. I will look in the logs.
  • AlinAlin Member
    Curious, which bank?
  • Capitol One
  • AlinAlin Member
    i was asking because this happens to me a lot with BOFA
  • lhossuslhossus SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    1) Anyone tried looking in the Logs for indications of errors - as I suggested earlier?

In reviewing the Logs, one should compare a successful update session to a failing session, looking for differences.

2) Which connection type are these failures associated with: Quicken Connect or Direct Connect?

Quicken Mac Subscription
    macOS Sierra 10.12.6
  • I only have one choice how to connect and it is 'Quicken Connect'. I looked through the latest logs and nothing jumps out at me that indicates anything wrong.  I will look in the earlier logs.  
  • lablover57lablover57 Member
    edited February 21
    I added similar accounts last night and all went well. I then tried to run an update this morning and I get an 'account not found error'. So, try to 'add' the account again (1st, it goes to the wrong bank (Cap one 360) and I have to change that and then repeat of the first error.  Of course, that does not work and my prime checking account is hosed.  Back to creating a new file.  
  • Direct Connect is far superior. If your bank doesn't support Direct Connect, change banks. Vote with your wallet. Every downloading issue I have ever had, was related to Quicken Connect. Many banks (Chase, for one example) offer unlimited free Direct Connect. 
  • lablover57lablover57 Member
    edited February 21
    For Windows I get that, for Mac I don't have a choice. No, I am not going to change banks.
    And again, for the accounts I added, last night, I get the 'account not found error:324'. It found it last night and now my main checking is able to 'be found', but yet I have 'lost' all my data from last year (and Yes, I do back it up), it is just a pain in the 'succatash' that now I have to spend a couple of hours of my time redoing everything. Please fix this.
  •  Again, I get the 'Account not found' for the 2nd checking account Error 324. Above I see that 124 new transactions were partially downloaded. This is after removing the account and creating a new file and practically starting all over again....
  • BUMPPPPP!!!
  • Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello lablover57, are you experiencing the same issue?

Have you tried making a test file (File > New, no mobile/web) to see if the issue exists in a new environment?

Please let us know so that we can best help you further.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • I have done that already. Plus, the next day when I try to download, I get the error 324 error on the added accounts. I then had to re-add them (and the annoying part, having to log in EACH time).  It is an endless loop after that and end up removing the accounts.  This has been an on-going issue that needs to be addressed with the developers...
    lablover57: error 324 is known as an ACCOUNT_NOT_FOUND error, which means that Quicken is having issues seeing the information from Capital One. 

Please do the requested troubleshooting and please report to me the results of the new file test.

Thank you.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • I HAVE done that already and the issue still occurs.  Quicken can't handle having 2 of the same accounts.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Lablover,

Thank you for giving that a try and letting us know the results.

This error is specific to Capital One and can be that the account is unsupported or needs to be authorized for download.

https://www.quicken.com/support/capital-one-accounts-106-or-324-error-quicken-windows-and-mac

I would try the steps outlined at https://www.quicken.com/support/adding-capital-one-accounts-quicken-mac.

When you get to the Authorization screen, do you see multiple accounts listed? Are all of the accounts checked off?

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • Yes, and it goes through an endless loop every time..having to log in and download. The account(s) downloads, but then back to the error 324. I go through EVERY step listed above. It is when I remove the accounts and just have 1 checking and 1 savings account and there are no issues.  Except, of course, it takes a week for quicken to catch up to my actual balance.
    Hello lablover57.

Please contact Quicken Support for further assistance with this issue. We will need to collect your logs.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Ok, but will this be mentioned to the developers??
This discussion has been closed.