QWin-CA Is it possible to create a budget using information from 2018?

LindleyLindley Member
edited February 11 in All things Canadian
When I went to create a Budget, it wants to use categories and expenses from *2019*.  I want to be able to compare my expenditures from *2018* or *2017*.  

Comments

• If you have a 2017 or 2018 budget, you could use the Duplicate this Budget in Budget Actions, then modify the dates to 2019 by clicking on the arrows at the top of the page.
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Based on your past posts, I am guessing this is for QWin. What specific version are you using?

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(STILL using QM2007, Canadian user since '92)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
  • LindleyLindley Member
    edited February 11
    Hi Marc.  I do not have a 2017 or 2018 budget.  When I went to the help/support people the person helping me told me to delete them so I could re-build them in the manner I wanted to.  That wasn't correct I think. 

This is why I asked my question "I want to be able to compare my expenditures from *2018* or *2017*."  
  • Hi smayer97, the version I am using is 
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 11
    @"Arctic Hare (H&B 2019 Canadian)"
    are you able to help?

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(STILL using QM2007, Canadian user since '92)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
  • Without your previous years' budgets, the only way I can think of to use historical data is to do so manually.  Create a new budget and either print a report for income and expenses for 2017 and or 2018 and use those numbers for the new budget. You can add or delete Categories, accounts, etc.. based on your reports for those years using the Select categories button at the bottom.

You can also use the Category History button within each line item in your budget to view historical data for at least the last 12 months.  Since it is early in 2019, you should see History for 2018 and a Monthly average at the top.  You can view your Transactions  (Expenses and Reminders) as well.

I don't think support should have asked you to delete a previous budget.  If you look in the Budget Actions menu, click on Budget Reports, then Historical Budget, you can get your budget history by selecting the name of the budget and the year required.  For example,  I have used a budget called "My Budget" and I have several years available to view and print.  I doubt you will have any Historical Budget available other than this year but have a look just in case. 
  • Yikes.  That is scary.  Sigh.  

When I looked at "Historical Budgets" It says I do not have any.  Double Sigh.

Ah well, back to the beginning.  Many thanks for trying to help.