Font size on the investing registers (4 Merged Votes)

Bs06151985Bs06151985 Member
edited November 2019 in Investments (Windows)
Why hasn't a solution been designed to increase the font size in the investment registers.  They are too small compared to the other (Banking) registers. 
19 votes

Under Consideration · Last Updated

Comments

• I know that only the font for non investment accounts can be changed and enlarged to help the visually challenged. I'm a subscription member and I'm also one of those people who are so challenged. I suggest that the capability to change the font be expanded to all the other aspects of Quicken, generically, and in particular to the Reconciliation screen (where the numbers are quite small). It would of course help me, but it would tend to make Quicken available to be used by a wider audience, at little cost except a software upgrade. Please pass on this comment to any place where you think it may do any good. Thanks,
  • Evans DunkinEvans Dunkin Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Give more flexibility in registers by allowing users to choose their own favorite fonts and font size...
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you really think we need more than are already available?  

Select Edit > Preferences...

Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • Evans DunkinEvans Dunkin Member ✭✭
    Those are not available in the Investment register...
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The above Fonts choices only apply to banking registers ...
    it would be very helpful, if these choices could be made to also apply to
    • investment account registers
    • the Account Bar
    • all other views, graphs and report previews
    • all popup windows
    • all menu bars
    • all text displayed in Quicken anywhere else.
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are not available in the Investment register...
    True.  There are a lots of feature differences between the banking registers and the investing transaction lists.
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • aunapuaunapu Member
    Agree...there really needs to be a sizing option for the Account column font size as there is for the Register side. I've been using Quicken since the late 80's, so I just don't understand why this is such a difficult "line of code" change for Quicken Mac (i.e., if you can do it for one column, why not the other?)
  • Jim_HarmanJim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @anapu
    This Product idea is for the Windows version of Quicken. There is a separate section of the forum for Mac ideas.

In QWin, you can make all the display fonts larger by selecting View > Use Large Fonts, but not with the same degree of control as you get in the Banking registers.
    -- Jim QWin Premier subscription
  • jlconnor3jlconnor3 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    (Removed-Violation of  Community Guidelines) I figured out a manual workaround, but being able to easily read the balances would have been helpful.
  • psobilopsobilo Member ✭✭✭
    Having a mouse that allows you to magnify the screen helps with the small text.  You can define how much of the screen gets magnified and the magnification factor (x150, x200, etc), all at the push of a button.  Not a fix, but a helpful workaround.
  • Michael FinderMichael Finder Member ✭✭
    just want to add to the chorus here. When I started using Quicken 20 years ago I could see the investment register easily, not so much today. It would be extremely helpful to be able to adjust the font size of my investment portfolio register.