Home Quicken for Windows Product Ideas - Quicken for Windows Manage Accounts and Transactions (Windows)

How can you find and replace a Notes column entry in the register?

I think that the answer to this is "you can't".  The only columns that I've found you can do a Find and Replace are the Amount, Category, Check Number, Cleared Status, Date, Memo, Payee, and Tag. 

Anyone know if there is a way to Find and Replace the Notes column?

I would guess that a lot of folks don't use the Notes column because it isn't shown in the register by default but you can add it to the register by selecting it from "Register Columns" under register options (the little gear wheel icon).  Because the Memo field often contains data from downloaded transactions, I use the Notes column for any notes I want to make about a transaction. 
Quicken user since 1991 (DOS Version)
0 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Bill BlaneyBill Blaney Member ✭✭
    I would like to use the Notes fields to indicate when I have reconciled an account for the month.  If I select the transactions within the selected dates and try to edit them, the Notes field is not available, as AlmostRetiredGeek indicates above.  Let's ask Quicken to include this field, or maybe there's a different field that's available.  I have Quicken R1835 and Windows 10. 
  • El HilliardEl Hilliard Member ✭✭
    Since there is a Notes field, it should be updatable from Memorized Payees like the Memo field. It should also be updatable in Find/Replace. If it can't be updated in these two routines, it is not particularly useful.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have a transaction in your register (e.g., a recorded scheduled reminder) BEFORE you download transactions
    And
    If this register transaction contains text in the Memo field, its contents will not be replaced with text from the Downloaded Memo field.
    However, if the Memo field in this transaction is blank, the Downloaded Memo, however useful it may be, will appear in the Memo field.
    To avoid a downloaded Memo text to appear, my register transactions always contain at least a "."(period)
    I don't use the Notes field at all. To me it's like a ladies' handbag: You can never find anything in it ... :-)