Can I download Mutual Fund transactions?

I am considering purchasing Quicken (Canada) 2019.  I am wondering if I can download the transactions in my mutual fund accounts into Quicken?  (MacKenzie and Fidelity Investments)  I understand I need to have a paid subscription to access accounts online.

Best Answer

Answers

• It can download MF pricing info - I have Fidelity in my portfolio and it works, I checked that I can see the following MacKenzie fund in Add Security, so it should work. In general, I had no issues with anything that can be found on TMX. https://web.tmxmoney.com/funds-ca-quote.php?qm_symbol=MFC2444

Downloading transaction (sell\buy) would require support from your broker. Subscription allows you to download info transactions from banks, get stock\MF pricing etc.
    Subscription QW H&B Canada
  • Thank you Need.Some.Name for your reply.  I understand that I can download stock prices / market values.  But I enter the actual Buy/Sell and other transactions manually.  Since you have a Fidelity account -- are you able to download your transactions or do you enter them manually??  
  • Thank you so much for the the information Need.Some.Name.  BTW ... lol on your username!!  :smile:

I am a bit confused as you say you don't have an account with Fidelity but you have Mutual Funds with them.  I am the same.... I have Mutual Funds with Fidelity thru my Financial Advisor.  I do have online access to view my transactions/statements with Fidelity ... so I guess I am assuming that is an account with them??  But from what you are saying ... I should check with my Financial Advisor/Broker to see if they support transaction downloads into Quicken??  I hope this makes sense...thanks for any clarification.  
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    I download both MF and stock transactions, from Fidelity, all of the time, but the issue MIGHT be that you're using Q Canada ... and I'm in the US.
    SO, what specific URL are you using for Fidelity.  Do they have a Cdn URL for Cdn customers?
    Can you download ANY transactions from Fidelity?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor"
  • No, I  don't think I can download transactions from Fidelity. I can only download security prices.  I use Canadian Quicken.

Here is the Canadian website  https://www.fidelity.ca/fidca/en/home   Yes, the difference is that I am Canadian vrs. US.  I think (and please correct me if I am wrong) -- Fidelity is a bank in the US.  Here in Canada - Fidelity is an investment company and not a bank.

Thank you ... I appreciate all your time and effort to answer all my questions.  :smile:
    Nope, Fidelity Investments is an investment company in the US also  ... and they're not licensed as a bank in the US.
    Your URL IS different from mine (https://www.fidelity.com/), so I'm a bit puzzled about why you can't download transactions.  Your URL seems to be Cdn specific, so I don't understand why it wouldn't work with Q Cda.
    Have you specifically tried to download from Fido Cda into Q Cda?
    And, if you haven't purchased Q yet (which is suggested by your very 1st sentence here), are you aware of the 30-day "no questions asked" refund policy?
    Lastly, we might have to wait a bit until a Cdn SuperUser comes along to assist.

• I am a bit confused as you say you don't have an account with Fidelity but you have Mutual Funds with them.  I am the same.... I have Mutual Funds with Fidelity thru my Financial Advisor.  I do have online access to view my transactions/statements with Fidelity ... so I guess I am assuming that is an account with them??  But from what you are saying ... I should check with my Financial Advisor/Broker to see if they support transaction downloads into Quicken??  I hope this makes sense...thanks for any clarification.  

In my case - I have Fidelity as part of a bigger portfolio, I also have some TD, BMO and other funds in it. I would think you probably have similar setup, you have some Fidelity & MacKenzie  funds and your adviser holds those MF on your behalf, so your account and statements come from your adviser.  It's possible that you also get statements from Fidelity, but you should probably post URL that you use to view transactions, I doubt that you have account directly with Fidelity or MacKenzie :smile:
    Subscription QW H&B Canada
    "I doubt that you have account directly with Fidelity or MacKenzie "  And I suspect that also ... which is why LadyTracyG can't download from Fidelity.
    She needs to download from whoever is actually holding the funds.
This discussion has been closed.