Can I start a new file but carry over Account History?

LadyTracyGLadyTracyG Member
edited February 8 in All things Canadian
Using Quicken 2015.  Looking to upgrade to Quicken 2019.  (Canada)  Windows.  I have a current file - but I want to set up a whole new fresh file for the year 2019.  But I still want to keep my Mutual Fund (accounts) history for the new file.  (so I can track progress over the many years I have had the funds).  Is that possible?  Please ask questions if this doesn't make sense.

Answers

• So my question shows as answered with one comment -- but for some reason --  I cannot view the answer/comment.  I even received an email letting me know my question has been answered -- but when I click on "check it out"  ... I  get a web page that says "Comment not Found".
  • So my question shows as answered with one comment -- but for some reason --  I cannot view the answer/comment.  I even received an email letting me know my question has been answered -- but when I click on "check it out"  ... I  get a web page that says "Comment not Found".
    I suspect a spammer posted a false Quicken support number which was quickly removed by a moderator (there were several such spam messages yesterday). That would trigger the email to you and explain why the comment can’t now be found. 
    US Quicken Deluxe for Windows 2019 R18.15 on Windows 10 Pro v1809
  • Thank you for the explanation Dan.  :smile:
  • Not a Quicken expert but a long time user.  I upgraded to Q19 H&B and currently have Mutual Funds.  I expect you could download Historical Prices History but I doubt you could carry over just your personal history with Mutual Funds in a new file.  I would try to use the old file first in your upgrade, then delete everything else you don't want in the newer version.  Of course back up everything first and or make copies of the original information. 

Or try the QIF export file for just the accounts you want to track, then import them in the new file.  Can't say that I have tried that yet but it looks like it might work, though only one account at a time.