How do I get a 'gain' report that includes reinv income with cap gain?

Current reports treat reinvestment income as new money and don't add it into total realized investment gain.

If I reinvest each funds disbursements in total, that money stays in the fund and is actually a part of my gains due to investment in the fund.

Comments

• I think you will find if you look closely, an Investment Performance report does not treat reinvested dividends as new money. Say for an example, an account with only reinvested dividends over the course of a year will show a beginning market value and an ending market value, with the return calculated, based on those 2 values.
  • q_lurkerq_lurker SuperUser
    Those Cap Gain distributions (LT or ST, reinvested or not) will not show up on Schedule D reports (if available in your Quicken version) or in capital gains reports.  Both of those sets of reports apply to gains/losses attributable to sales of securities.  The Cap Gains distributions will be reported on Tax Schedule reports, Tax Summary Reports, and Category Reports. 

The reinvested amounts are treated correctly with respect to cost basis information for the specific lots acquired through the reinvestment. 
This discussion has been closed.