Is the reminder to sync to Quicken cloud on exit broken?

I am on quicken 2019, R 18.15 build 27.1.18.15. The prompt for syncing to the cloud on exit haas always worked for me. After the latest build the program no longer prompts me to sync on exit. I have tried unticking and ticking the box to prompt on exit and it still does not prompt. I have unticked and shut down quicken and restarted and ticked the option and it still does not work. Is there an issue with this feature or do I have a local problem with my installation?

Best Answer

Answers

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 12
    Could this be your problem?
    It's been brought to my attention that some versions of Quicken may not start the backup process upon close and/or Sync to Mobile if you close Quicken by any command other than clicking the (used to be red) "X". Using the other commands, Quicken may just simply wait for you to open a new file to resume.

• Yeah, I did read that. I always use the "X" to close quicken. Ussually when I hit the x it would prompt me to backup to cloud before exiting. Now it just exits without asking.
  • markus1957markus1957 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried Edit>Preferences>Alerts, Reset Quicken Warnings?
  • markus1957, I had not tried that, and thank you for the advice. Unfortunately, it did not change the effect on sync to cloud. On a positive note, it restarted a few items that I had forgotten about. 
    It looks like I may have to call support and see what the issue is.
    Thanks for the effort
  • markus1957markus1957 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am on quicken 2019, R 18.15 build 27.1.18.15. The prompt for syncing to the cloud on exit haas always worked for me. After the latest build the program no longer prompts me to sync on exit. I have tried unticking and ticking the box to prompt on exit and it still does not prompt. I have unticked and shut down quicken and restarted and ticked the option and it still does not work. Is there an issue with this feature or do I have a local problem with my installation?
    Just for clarification, you are referring to the Menu Bar, Mobile & Web, Remind me to sync to Quicken Cloud on Exit?
  • Yes, exactly
  • I have this same problem, started with recent update.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    I have this same problem, started with recent update.
    Hello @marlanichols

I'm sorry to hear you are also experiencing this behavior.  How are you exiting Quicken?  

From the "x" in the upper right corner?
    Or the File menu > Exit?

If File > Exit, please try the "x" in the right corner and let us know if the prompt to sync now appears.

If not, do you also have the preference to create a back-up when exiting Quicken turned on?

Thank you,

Sarah
  • mattzma03mattzma03 Member
    I'm having a similar issue.  I have Version R18.16 and I do click on the X in the top right corner to exit... I do get the box asking if I want to snyc to the cloud and when I click yes, it starts to and then gets stuck at the transactions.  I let it sit for over an hour and it never sync'd.  I also have my create back up on but I would really like the sync to work since I use the mobile app at times to check things.
This discussion has been closed.