Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How can I get the back thee decimal dot with Mac numeric keypad

My keyboard with numeric pad is set up in French. I use Quicken in English since it is the only version available. Before a certain point in time (few months ago), the key with the comma or dot on the numeric pad used to return automatically a decimal dot in the register. No special set up was necessary. But after a MacOS update or a Quicken Update (I don't know), the same key returns a comma, well actually it returns nothing in the register since a comma is not accepted. Making Shift+, is annoying. I tried to set up the decimal separator to dot in the language set up, but nothing is working. Do you know what happened and how can I get back the decimal dot on numeric pad? Thanks

Best Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2019 Accepted Answer
    Quicken doesn't have any language/region settings (well, except for US or Canada). The program respects the MacOS System preference settings. So, I suspect your issue is with changes there.

You can try to change your region in your System Preferences to change all the settings to default (i.g. US) and see what the results are.

Does the Quicken preference to auto insert the decimal place still work? (type "123 and it enters 1.23)
  • francoro
    francoro Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Tried the auto insert of decimal dot. It works and it is a good compromise. Thanks for your help

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2019 Accepted Answer
    Quicken doesn't have any language/region settings (well, except for US or Canada). The program respects the MacOS System preference settings. So, I suspect your issue is with changes there.

You can try to change your region in your System Preferences to change all the settings to default (i.g. US) and see what the results are.

Does the Quicken preference to auto insert the decimal place still work? (type "123 and it enters 1.23)
  • francoro
    francoro Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Tried the auto insert of decimal dot. It works and it is a good compromise. Thanks for your help
This discussion has been closed.