Investors Group investments

Hi

i was hoping to be able to give my login info to quicken so it can connect to my investor group account and pull down my investment info into quicken.  This easier thank adding all securities manually and then maintaining them (reinvestment etc).

The broker doesn’t seem toe available in Quicken, even though it’s a huge firm.

is there a way?

Comments

• smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    IG is listed in Quicken as using Web Connect, that is downloading of a QFX data file for import into Quicken. Have you tried that?

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(STILL using QM2007, Canadian user since '92)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
  • Investor group  does not support downloading transaction information to quicken (buy\sell, reinvest etc.) and I still have to find a broker that does it (any suggestions?). You can download IG pricing info - for example, https://web.tmxmoney.com/funds-ca-quote.php?qm_symbol=IGI283

In Quicken - add new security (Ctrl-Y if you use QWin), symbol IGI283, security type and exchange should be set to Mutual Funds and that should do it. 
    Subscription QW H&B Canada
    I have no direct experience with any to be able to recommend any. Without that, one place to start is to browser the FIDIR.TXT file found in a hidden Quicken directory. It is a little cryptic but you may be able to find your way for some suggestions.

@"Arctic Hare", are you able to help?

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

• Thanks, interesting file, but I'm not sure how accurate it is - first of all, it's mostly financial institutes and credit card companies (and as I mention in my previous posts - I cannot setup up RBC USD credit card account), I do see some brokers (like TD Waterhouse and Mutual Funds) - I dont think it actually works. I do have TD Mutual with TD - if you try to set it up - it asks you to log into TD and download from the site, the only issue - there is no download button for that specific account type. Yeah, it's probably on TD - but I have a feeling it's the same story with most of investments, I cannot comment on the rest of the list - but I also had account with investorsgroup (a year ago) - unless they did something this year - it never worked.
    Subscription QW H&B Canada
    All I can say is that it is supposed to be the most accurate info since this is what Quicken uses to determine valid connectivity. That said, Quicken does download the latest version at certain trigger points, but if you check the date on the file, you will see when it was last updated.

• @need.some.name , I have mutual funds with TD and everything needs to be entered manually in Quicken except for the funds' holdings info.  I would agree, most investments firms seem to be the same way.  You can download info into a .csv file but this is 2019!   I keep asking them to get on board with Quicken.