Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

I get download file, but it doesn't appear when Quicken opens

This happens on my desktop running Windows 7 and on my ASUS T100 running Windows 10 (up to date). 
Up to a week ago, I've been downloading transactions (the first download auto-opens Quicken; a red flag next to account name in account list indicates successful import of transactions).
But now, on both devices, transaction file downloads but doesn't auto-open Quicken. Opening the files do cause Quicken to open, but transactions are not imported.
My subscription is paid up to June 2019.
Any thoughts?

Answers

• NotACPANotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Have you opened that QFX file with NotePad or WordPad (NOT  MS Word) to see if there's anything in it?
    Have you checked your Windows "File Associations" to see what the suffix QFX is associated with?
    And, what Bank/Card/Brokerage etc created this QFX?  There was a problem recently with a major bank creating faulty/incomplete QFX files.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Hi NotACPA:
    Thanks for the reply. 
    I opened the file in notepad; it looks like a script which ought to work.
    I made a mistake in my original post: on both devices, opening the file DOES auto-open Quicken; however, the transactions are not imported and I get no red flag.
    The file is associated with (is opened by) Quicken.
    My bank is Scotiabank.
    Again, everything has been working ok for years until last week.
    Any other advice greatly appreciated!