Recommendations for using Quicken ID with multiple data files

I thought I remembered seeing an article from Quicken about Dos & Don'ts when using a Quicken ID with multiple data files. It used to be a bad idea, but support was added for multiple data files a couple years ago. Does anyone have a link to something like this?

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    With Quicken Subscription, you have no choice unless you want to pay for multiple subscriptions.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • ProfileX
    ProfileX Member ✭✭
    Good point, but I'm not talking about subscriptions. Today I can use the same Quicken ID with: 
    - QW2019 on ComputerA
    - QW2019 on ComputerB
    - QW2016 on ComputerC

But that doesn't mean it's safe or recommended. I'm asking about avoiding sync issues or data corruption, not about getting around licensing or subscriptions.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    I don't understand your question. 
  • ProfileX
    ProfileX Member ✭✭
    I think you're reading too much into this, thanks for trying to help but I've used Quicken for years and been a part of beta testing, etc. I don't need help on using Quicken. I'm simply asking if there's any official guidance on what to avoid when using the same Quicken ID for multiple computers or multiple data files. If you don't know of that support doc that's ok, maybe someone else does or it doesn't exist and my memory is wrong.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    With Quicken Subscription (2018 and later), the point becomes moot. Since you already have Quicken 2019 running on 2 computers, why do you care?
  • ProfileX
    ProfileX Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    [removed - violation of community guidelines]
    I don't want to find out later I'm causing sync problems or data issues. I'm using QW2016 w/o mobile sync and trust it as far as I trust any software from Quicken or Intuit, and I'm also testing QW2019 occassionally to see if it's worth switching to.

[removed - violation of community guidelines]
  • Greg_the_Geek
    The article doesn't exist.
This discussion has been closed.