Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Downloading transaction only back to a certain date

I've been using Quicken for many years but I stopped using it in about September 2018. I'd like to start using it again but when I connect to my banks I only want to have transactions downloaded  from January 1, 2019. Is there a way to tell Quicken to limit them to a certain date?

Best Answers

• NotACPANotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Accepted Answer
    Not from within Q.  BUT, if you go to each bank/card/etc, you MIGHT be able to initiate a download from there (via Web Connect) and your MIGHT be able to specify the starting and ending dates of the download.

When Q itself initiates a download, it basically tells the Financial Institution "send me what you've got" ... and then Q uses the FITID to sort out what, if anything, has been sent previously.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

Answers

• NotACPANotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Accepted Answer
    Not from within Q.  BUT, if you go to each bank/card/etc, you MIGHT be able to initiate a download from there (via Web Connect) and your MIGHT be able to specify the starting and ending dates of the download.

When Q itself initiates a download, it basically tells the Financial Institution "send me what you've got" ... and then Q uses the FITID to sort out what, if anything, has been sent previously.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Thank you both, NACPA and UKR. I'm able to figure it all out with your help.
This discussion has been closed.