Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How to Access Current Bank Account for Download Transactions?

Late last month I posted a request to help me access the Download Transaction Register from Union Bank. I was using Quicken Deluxe Update Version R.16.14 ((27.1.16.14), and the problem developed shortly after I installed that Update. I was contacted by Quicken Support, Case ID: 670224104, and after system examination was told 74% of the Company File Data were damaged, my Data File Conversion was corrupt, and I needed to purchase $495.95 of Quicken Online BASIC SUPPORT for Quicken to correct. I declined.

I ran a validation of my Quicken records, and found a couple of 1998 corrupted files which I then corrected. The next validation run said my QDF Files had no errors, my QEL files had no read errors and my system passed all internal consistency checks. Still, I could not access my Download Transaction Register. Yesterday, I installed Quicken Update Version R. 18.15. The missing Download Transaction Register reappeared, containing the old downloads that had been missing; these were processed.

With this new Update, I am not able to access my Union Bank to get new downloads. When using One Step Update, I had previously been asked to enter my PIN number, and the rest worked automatically. Now, I am not asked for the PIN, instead I am asked to enter my Quicken Password Vault password; I have never knowingly used the password vault before. After entering the Vault, there are no accounts listed, and I am unable to enter data for my Union Bank; I have followed the Quicken Help instructions for such entry, and they do not work for me. I went to my Tools>Account List, accessed the appropriate Union Bank account, clicked Edit>Online Services>Reset Account, and I still cannot access Union Bank.

I need help accessing Union Bank to download transactions to my Quicken account. I would prefer to continue accessing my bank account using the PIN number, as I have done ever since I began with Quicken in 1998.

Best Answer

• Ronald TeelRonald Teel Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    During our break, I went to Quicken Chat, who led me through the maze that eventually corrected my problem.  Indeed, it did involve backing up the files, deactivating the accounts, reactivating and then linking the new file to the old.  All what you have suggested above.  So.  thank you.....thank you both!

Answers

• GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    "I was contacted by Quicken Support, Case ID: 670224104, and after system examination was told 74% of the Company File Data were damaged, my Data File Conversion was corrupt, and I needed to purchase $495.95 of Quicken Online BASIC SUPPORT for Quicken to correct. I declined. "
    DOES THIS SOUND SUSPICIOUS???
    You were contacted by a fraudster not by Quicken Support! Quicken support is free and would never reach out to you first.
    Did you allow them access to your PC? If so, you will need to take some security measures.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    BTW. there's no such thing as "Quicken Online"
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
    As there are several Union banks, check this list to ensure yours is included. From the Account List, can you provide the connection type, listed under Download Transaction?
    The PIN you are referencing is that part of two factor authentication? If you have not setup a Password Vault and are prompted for the password, you can delete the vault and passwords.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
    I responded to your first comment about the fraudster.  I do not see my comment.
    How do I use this system to respond?  I just typed a second comment about the contact I had with the so-called company, the clicked "Post Comment", and nothing appears?
    Regarding Password Vault, I cannot find how to delete it.
    Tools>Password Vault>Delete Vault and all Saved Passwords.
    My Union Bank does appear on the list, both as Union Bank - Quicken, and Union Bank-Web.  In my Account List, it is shown as Union Bank-Web.
    In the Account List, it shows under Transaction Download:  " Yes (Direct Contact)"
    This is my third time to try to describe the contact I received.  I got an email with Quicken Insignia, a phone number to call, I googled the number, it shows linkage to Intuit and to ProAdvisor QuickBooks Support Services.  I did grant access to my PC.
    Good, Direct Connect is the desired connection method. Can you go to the register and to the upper right, select the gear icon, then Update Now? What happens?
    Thanks for the Password Vault deletion instructions.  I did this, closed and reopened Quicken, went to my bank account, checked for download, got One Step Update Settings box, with words "Download transactions and balances 0", and with Update Now button shaded out.  What next?

Redid the process as you requested  Got the same response "Download transactions and Balances ()"  with Update Now button still shaded out
    GeoffG, I am still trying to understand this response system.  Are you waiting for me to respond, or am I waiting for you?
    This is a forum, not chat, so users will come along with help and suggestions as they will.
    When you go to your bank's website, do you use two factor authentication?
    My Union Bank does appear on the list, both as Union Bank - Quicken, and Union Bank-Web.  In my Account List, it is shown as Union Bank-Web.
    Have you always connected to UB-web?
    The financial listing shows your two banks. You stated that you are setup as Direct Connect, but the bank you are connecting to does not support DC.

02901    02901    02901    Union Bank - Quicken    https://www.unionbank.com/    1-800-238-4486    https://www.uboc.com/personal/main/0,,2485_4051,00.html    ACTIVE    BANKING,PAYMENT,ACCOUNTINFO&DIRECT              BANKING,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT    NOT_QBP    NA

10267    10267    10267    Union Bank - Web    https://www.unionbank.com/    1-800-238-4486     https://www.unionbank.com/    ACTIVE         BANKING,CREDIT&WEB-CONNECT         BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT    NOT_QBP    NA

I would suggest making a backup, then deactivate Union Bank-Web and reconnect using Union Bank-Quicken.

Accepted Answer
    During our break, I went to Quicken Chat, who led me through the maze that eventually corrected my problem.  Indeed, it did involve backing up the files, deactivating the accounts, reactivating and then linking the new file to the old.  All what you have suggested above.  So.  thank you.....thank you both!
This discussion has been closed.