Sync Error - Quicken cannot connect to servers

I have not been able to download transactions from my checking account for over a week. I have deactivated all of my accounts and reactivated them, yet I am still not able to connect to my checking. 

I have also tried creating a new file and adding the account there. I get the same code every time.

Comments

• Hello Dwyert33. Appreciate your question.

Which bank are you having issues connecting to? Have you tried contacting their support group or asking for an online services representative to look into this issue?

Please let us know so that we can best help you.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • UKRUKR SuperUser
    The error code shown in your attached file is Error 101
    Please read and follow instructions here:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-updating-accounts-103-or-101

• This is with Frost Bank. I have contacted them, and they see no issues on their end. 

I have ready the article listed above. That did not help.
  • Hello Dwyert33, Appreciate your information.

Have you tried making a Test File (File > New, no mobile/web) and try adding your account to see if the issue exists in a new environment?

Give this a try and let us know the results.

Thanks in advance,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • I have also tried setting it up on a brand new file. It still won't connect.
  • lhossuslhossus SuperUser
    My reading of the error dialog found in your attached file is that
    • the error is at the Quicken Aggregation Server.
    • if the error does not go away on its own, you will have to contact Quicken Support.
    Of course, this does not agree with the support document @UKR pointed to. But I did a little research on Error 101 and it seems more often than not the error goes away with no intervention on the Quicken user's part. I. e, action is taken to fix whatever is wrong at the Server.

Quicken Mac Subscription
    macOS Sierra 10.12.6
  • @Dwyert33: I would reach out to the bank's online support group and advise them of the situation in which is happening with Quicken and see if they have any options for resolution? 

A temporary solution would be to go online to the Online Banking website and download your data to Quicken using a Web Connect (QFX) file. 

Hope this information is helpful. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • UKRUKR SuperUser
    have you checked to see if this could be a firewall issue on your computer, not allowing connections to this bank?
    How many accounts are on-line connected to this bank? Do they all fail?
    If yes, have you tried deactivating them all, including old, long closed accounts that are still activated? Only after deactivating them all, reactivate and see if that works.
    If you miss one, the Intuit server involved in handling Express Web Connect - connected accounts will not start with a clean slate and you will continue to have problems.

• Its not a firewall. I have contacted my bank, and they see no issues on their end. This is a Quicken problem.
  • Hello Dwyert33,

Please call Quicken Support tomorrow at http://www.quicken.com/contact-support so that one of our Mac representatives can look into the issue and work towards resolution.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator