Getting MEMBERSHIP EXPIRED banner, but membership is active

Using Quicken Home & Business Canada on Windows 2019 version R16.16 Build 27.1.16.16

My Quicken membership auto-renewed a few days ago.  Ever since then I have gotten a big yellow "MEMBERSHIP EXPIRED" banner across the top of my Quicken window.  When I select Help>Check Membership Status it says "Your Membership is up to date.".  Help>About Quicken says Membership valid until February 2020.

Have tried signing in and out of my Quicken ID, uninstalling and reinstalling Quicken, restarting computer, but the expired banner is still there.  All of the program functions seem to work.

Any ideas how to get rid of the expired banner?

Thanks,

Best Answer

• Accepted Answer
    Latest update to 2019 R16.18 Build 27.1.16.18 Canada claims to have resolved this issue.  Have updated and do not see the expired banner.  Will give it a few days.

Answers

• HI @jnestor ,

Have you tried Report a Problem under Help?

You mentioned uninstalling and reinstalling Quicken, which does not remove Quicken Existing Quicken Program Folders. You need to Review this Post:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7844658/installing-reinstalling-windows-quicken-subscription-editions

Simply uninstalling and reinstalling Quicken, does not do a thing.
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R18.15 & Quicken 2017 HBRP
  • Thanks @thecreator .  I followed the steps in the link above to completely uninstall and remove Quicken, then reinstall.  Unfortunately, after doing that and starting up Quicken again the problem persists.  I am still getting the MEMBERSHIP EXPIRED banner within the application.

When I log into quicken.com I can see that my subscription is active.

I will try reporting the problem under Help.
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser
    I recommend that with your report you include a link to this thread.
    If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(STILL using QM2007, Canadian user since '92)
    Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
  • jnestor said:
    Thanks @thecreator .  I followed the steps in the link above to completely uninstall and remove Quicken, then reinstall.  Unfortunately, after doing that and starting up Quicken again the problem persists.  I am still getting the MEMBERSHIP EXPIRED banner within the application.

When I log into quicken.com I can see that my subscription is active.

I will try reporting the problem under Help.
    Hi @jnestor ,   

Make sure that you have re-registered your Quicken Data File to the same Quicken.com /My Account.

In other words, if you click Edit > Preferences then Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts, it must match your information found on the Web at https://www.quicken.com/ My Account.

• Still no joy here. Have confirmed that the Quicken ID used for my data file is the same as the one on Quicken.com/My Account. Tried logging out of the Quicken ID on my data file and logging in again, but still see the expired banner.

Strangely, the banner only appears sometime. I will be in Quicken with no banner, then if I close the application and restart again, the banner re-appears.

I submitted the issue via Help>Report a Problem but did not receive anything back.
  • Hi @jnestor ,   

I know that this is a shot out of left field, but make sure that you have your Router settings backed up to a file on your computer, then using a Computer wired to the Router, do a Factory Reset on your Router wiping out all information.

From your Wired Computer, you should be able to log into your Router. Now simply Restore that file you backed up to the Router.

See if that helps Quicken.

If not, next step, would be a Telephone call to Quicken Support, using the Telephone Number found inside of your Quicken.com / My Account.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser
    Have patience, guys.
    AFAIK, this has been reported as a bug in the R 16.16 release of the Canadian version.
    If the software works properly with respect to all the other functions that you use, please wait for the programmers to release a fix ... soon, I hope.
    One step forward, two steps back ... :-(
  • Thanks @UKR.  So far I have not seen any other issues than the expired banner.
  • Do you still the banner if you change from Standard Menus to Classic Menus in the View Menu?
  • Yes.  That setting does not have an impact on the banner.
  • SokratisSokratis Member
    Just FYI, I have same issue as jnestor, tried all suggestions but still same banner.  Will wait for fix/update on reported bug, and I am willing to run any tests the developers want me to try if needed.  
    Quicken - Home & Business, Year: 2019, Version: R16.18, Build: 27.1.16.18, Edition: Canada
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Version 1803 Build 17134.619

• thecreatorthecreator SuperUser
    Apologies, did not know it was requirement, so added below and into to my signature for future posts. 

Quicken - Home & Business, Year: 2019, Version: R16.6, Build: 27.1.16.16, Edition: Canada
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 17134.619

Quicken - Home & Business, Year: 2019, Version: R16.18, Build: 27.1.16.18, Edition: Canada

• gerrywgerryw Member
    I also have exactly the same issue as jnestor and Sokratis. I have also tried all of the same suggestions and have achieved the same results. No Change!! I spent a few hours on the Chat window with support but no joy!

Quicken - Home & Business, Year: 2019, Version: R16.6, Build: 27.1.16.16, Edition: Canada
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Version 1809  Build 17763.316
  • jnestorjnestor Member
    Accepted Answer
    Latest update to 2019 R16.18 Build 27.1.16.18 Canada claims to have resolved this issue.  Have updated and do not see the expired banner.  Will give it a few days.
    First would say thanks to jnestor for updating us on new update released. :smile:
    After jnestor's update, I started Quicken to install new update and fix the banner issue, but seems I did not have too.  The banner was gone when I started Quicken and still no banner after waiting a couple of hours, so it looks like it might have been issue on server side, not client side.  Either way I installed update to get to latest version.