Canadian & US Currencies

how do I combine the US$ and CAN$ currencies into one on "Reports"

Comments

• smayer97smayer97 SuperUser
    What version of Quicken (BTW you may want to update your profile to include that info ;) )
    If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(STILL using QM2007, Canadian user since '92)
    Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
  • You can't do that. See my post from Feb 16. I called support twice to get two different people confirming it's not possible. When the first support person realized this he said "this is ridiculous, I can't believe the developers did this. I will write a case to them but you need to complain on the Quicken Community." This is a major step backward for Quicken 2019. All previous versions of Quicken did this seamlessly. All I can suggest is to complain and ask for a fix asap. I would not have converted to Quicken 2019 if I knew this in advance.

The only thing you can do is run a monthly category report which will give you a summary and the detail of all your transactions. It will come out in Canadian first and USD second. Export it to a CSV. Create a cell with the average exchange rate for the month, multiply that by the USD transactions then add it to the Canadian dollars. Now you have a report created in Excel which looks terrible so you'll have to reformat it. I can't imagine any manager on the development team thinking this is a good solution. 
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser
    Again, what version of Quicken are you using? QMac does NOT support true multi-currency but QWin does. 
    If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(STILL using QM2007, Canadian user since '92)
    Have Questions? Check out these FAQs: