Removing old files going back to 1995 & renaming the new wk book before backup

I have Q H&B 2019. I would like to save current files to external back-up then rename my file and only save the last 10 years. I trust this will speed up the loading time when I start Q. I do not want to try doing this on my own and maybe lose everything. Thanks  Robert C

Comments

• SherlockSherlock SuperUser
    robcrouse said:
    I have Q H&B 2019. I would like to save current files to external back-up then rename my file and only save the last 10 years. I trust this will speed up the loading time when I start Q. I do not want to try doing this on my own and maybe lose everything. Thanks  Robert C
    I doubt this will speed up the loading time.  If your data file is large, you'll reduce the time it takes to complete certain file operations, like Backup, and some reports that scan all dates and transactions and you'll reduce the amount of disk space consumed by multiple backups but it is not likely to improve performance of regular use.

If you still wish to proceed, you may want to review: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7149937/faq-year-end-copy
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7 
  • I read the YEC option. Thanks for your input, as any action is not likely to speed up normal use I will leave things alone.  R Crouse