when I try to reconcile or enter transactions the field will not accept entries from the keyboard.

When I try to reconcile or enter transactions the field will not accept entries from the keyboard.

Comments

• NotACPANotACPA SuperUser
    1. What Q product?
    2. What country? 
    3. What Build/Release of Q?
    4. What type of account? 
    5. When you're inputting into that account register, what does is say at the VERY top of your Q window ... starting with the Red Q logo?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor"
  • edited February 19
    Quicken 2016 for home and business.
    United States
    release 1 (25.1.1.8)
    bank account.
    Quicken 2016 Home & Business

• NotACPANotACPA SuperUser
    Well, for starters, you're 18 releases behind for QW2016. The latest is 19.3, and I suggest that you download, and then install, it from here: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-2016-windows-release-notes-updates-and-mondo-patch

And re: Q5 ... what's the COMPLETE line?  It's what comes after the product name that I'm interested in, and what may explain your issue.

Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor"
  • I did a backup, updates and then a fresh install from my CD...
    re Installed a wireless mouse and keyboard,
    It was then I realized how dumb I was,
    I found that my NUM Lock key was on.
    I have been using Quicken from back in the DOS days...
    You may laugh now.
  • After doing a new install from my disk I went back and did the updates. I'm up to date and running good... Thank you for your assistance.

• UKRUKR SuperUser
    I found that my NUM Lock key was on.
    Were you trying to navigate with the up, down, sideways arrows keys on the numeric keypad? If yes, then "Num Lock ON" really becomes a problem because now you're sending numbers to the computer, not cursor movement commands.
    It would have helped us figure things out faster if you had given an example of what you tried to do and what the results were.
    For me, Num Lock is always on. I use it practically all the time to enter numeric data like dates, numbers, amounts. It's so much faster for me than laboriously typing numbers on the typewriter portion of the keyboard.