How to Create a Transfer Category?

I charge all my bills and then automatically payoff the balance every month from my checking account.  The charges on the credit card show up as expense.  How do I create a transfer category showing a transfer of funds from my checking account to my credit card.  My only category options when creating a new category is income or expense.  I do not want this transfer to show up as an expense.

Best Answer

Answers

• Hi @Dangerruss ,

You can't create a Transfer Category!
    You can create a New Account Register for your Credit Cards. For Example Mastercard. Once you create that New Register, it will show up in your Account List and in your Categories. The New Register will show up with Brackets around its name automatically.

So when you pay off the Balance each month, it will be shown as a Payment on your Credit Card account Register. You don't use Categories but Transfers when paying off the Balance.

2018-05-24  Ck# 3233 Mastercard [Mastercard] Memo reads Paid in Full. Under Payment is Amount Paid and the Balance.

Then in the Mastercard Register shows:
    2018-05-24 Mastercard Amount Paid Balance.
    Category shows [CheckingAccount] Memo reads Paid in Full.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R18.15 & Quicken 2017 HBRP
  • UKRUKR SuperUser

Are you new to Quicken for Windows?

Welcome.
    Please read this for more information, some videos and a list of resources to help familiarize yourself with Quicken:
    https://www.quicken.com/quicken-tips
    https://www.quicken.com/complete-guide-getting-started-quicken-2018-windows

Help! (Quicken for Windows)

If you're unsure on how to do something, you can find more information about a specific task, function, feature or report in Quicken Help.
    To access Quicken Help simply press the F1 key from anywhere in Quicken (or click Help in the Menu bar, then click Quicken Help).
    Use the Contents tab to see the available books in Quicken Help. Click on one of the books to open it. Click on a chapter to drill down to more details.
    Or use the Search tab to search using keywords, e.g., "buy security".
    Some Quicken view screens may have a blue (or yellow) button with a question mark. Click it to get view - specific help.