PayPal CC-508

I have two PayPal accounts...recently I'm getting a CC-508 error advising that PayPal has a new pop up that I need to address on their web site.  Can't identify action required on their web site.

Best Answer

• Accepted Answer
    Yup. I'm getting the same issue. I have two PayPal accounts. When I sign into one of them via the web, it signs directly in with no issue. When I sign into the other one, I do get a pop-up for a loan offer once a day, but even after clearing it and then trying to sync in Quicken again, I still get the error for both accounts.

- Merg

Answers

• The MergThe Merg Member
    Accepted Answer
    Yup. I'm getting the same issue. I have two PayPal accounts. When I sign into one of them via the web, it signs directly in with no issue. When I sign into the other one, I do get a pop-up for a loan offer once a day, but even after clearing it and then trying to sync in Quicken again, I still get the error for both accounts.

- Merg
  • TimTim Member
    Thanks Merg, I thought I was losing it.  I haven't tried direct web access to either account...only usinq Quicken One Step Update which,when completed, provides a link to the PayPal web page to deal with the popup which doesn't appear...then I'm lost.  Thus the question.  I'll check out direct access on both accounts.
  • TimTim Member
    I deactivated my PayPal Account in "On-Line Services" tab then set the account up again for automatic download and it now works o.k. in One Step Update w/o CC-508 Error.  Sometimes I get lucky.
  • > @Tim said:
    > I deactivated my PayPal Account in "On-Line Services" tab then set the account up again for automatic download and it now works o.k. in One Step Update w/o CC-508 Error.  Sometimes I get lucky.

That seems to have fixed the issue for me as well...

I wonder if I should try that for my American Express accounts as well. They work fine with OSU, but if I try to add them to my Quicken Cloud/Mobile sync process, I am told that the password is incorrect.

- Merg
  • TimTim Member
    Worth a try.