Budget has disappeared - " This Quicken file contains no budgetable amounts or categories "
After downloading some banking and investment transactions using OSU, updating some manual bill reminders, then paying some end of month bills from those reminders, I go into my budget and Quicken tells me that "This Quicken file contains no budgetable amounts or categories. The budget feature cannot be used at this time." See image 1.
After staring at the screen in frustration, it took several times to click "ok" to clear the dialog in image 1. The dialog box reappeared after each click of "ok". After 2-3 cycles, I got the "create a budget" dialog in image 2.
FYI: I am not using / syncing to Quicken Web or Mobile. This issue seems to have appeared overnight - budgets just fine yesterday.
So...what to do after searching the community for similar issues...
1. Restarted Quicken QW 2019 HBR R18.15.
2. Restarted Windows 10 Pro v.1809. Updated to 1809 last week but no Quicken issues 'til this morning.
3. Validated the current QDF file. Results indicated that Quicken fixed one broken category. No other issues.
4. After file validation, restarted Quicken/Windows. Nothing so far has cleared the issue.
5. Did a back up of suspected, corrupted QDF file.
6. Took screen shots of registers with soon to be lost work....
7. Restored prior day's backup.
8. Verified prior day's backup contained budget (it does).
9. Validated prior day's backup. Same corrupted category found in #3. Fixed.
10.Proceeding to update lost work....step-wise, checking integrity of budget. Cannot recreate issue of missing budget.
11. Established automatic backups after each Quicken session. Seems like prior forum posts indicate this issue may likely reappear.
12. Validated new QDF file, no errors.
13. Make backup.
14. Performed another OSU. Curiously, this error (Image 3) has cropped up again today re: "You need to select accounts to export" in the summary window. Again, I don't use mobile or web apps.
So, I cannot immediately recreate this issue. Any others have this issue and were able to restore budget functionality without have to restore a backup?