Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Bill reminder missing randomly - unable to fix

I have been using Quicken Deluxe for a number of years, and keep the program updated. I am currently on version R18.15, build 27.1.18.15
I started over with my account setup this year, due to a problem that kept happening last year (after a good 5 years without issues). I figured a clean re-start, would get around the problem, but it is happening once again. 

The issue is this... Bills suddenly no longer appears with the correct date. It appears as if they decide to skip random months. 
For example, I have a bill to pay my Mortgage, due on the first of every month. I usually pay it early. Last payment was on 1/27/2019 (due 2/1/2019). I just noticed today, that I am missing a reminder for 3/1/2019 (the next due date, is 4/1/2019).

You would think that I could simply go into the reminder, and change the date from 4/1/2019 to 3/1/2019, but that does not work. I rely on this program, for keeping track of my bills (bills via the mail do not always get here on time). How can I resolve this issue?

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure how you triggering your early payment, but paying early should be straightforward. For any bill due on the first of the month, I would have the reminder set to "Remind me in x days" under Options set to say 10 days. That give adequate time for mailing with out messing with the reminder. With the reminder triggered, the bill will be entered into the register say in this case 10 days before the 1st of the month.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
  • bupson2
    bupson2 Member ✭✭
    In this specific case:
    - Loan Payment Reminder, is set to Remind me 14 days in advance.
    - When I see the bill reminder in the 'Upcoming Bills and Income' section - I simply select the bill, and 'Enter into Register'. Upon filling out the data (memo used to record the transaction number), I change the date, to the current date that the bill is being entered.

This is how I have been doing it for years.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are you changing the date? The date needs/should be the date you want the reminder to trigger and enter the transaction into the register for payment or matching to a payment. There should not be a reason to change the date for a properly establish reminder.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
  • bupson2
    bupson2 Member ✭✭
    I don't think you are understanding the issue. I have a reoccurring bill. It is due on the first of the month (every month).
    Feb 1 / March 1 / April 1... etc.
    When I saw the Feb 1 reminder (in January) - I entered the bill (and set the date, to the date I paid the bill... Jan 27th).
    The next reminder should be March 1. But it is not. The next reminder is April 1.
    If I go into the April 1 reminder, and set it to March 1, it stays as April 1.

Where is the March 1 reminder?
    This is not the first time this has happened.
  • bupson2
    bupson2 Member ✭✭
    mshiggins - the link to GeoDosch's thread is exactly what I am seeing. At least I now know it is not just me. 

However, this means I can no longer trust the validity of data in Quicken (as I have been seeing it for months).
  • This issue has been going for at least three years on and off. A schedule transaction is suppose to appear for lets say October 1st instead it advances to November 1st. If your not careful you will miss that months scheduled and not cut a check. It requires me to check my scheduled bills on a daily basis which defeats the entire purpose of the automated process. I have been a Quicken user since the early 90's and I think its time to seek an alternative. No one at Quicken seems to care.
This discussion has been closed.