Home Quicken for Windows Product Ideas - Quicken for Windows Reports (Windows)

New "dynamically computed" Running Balance column on any report (where it makes sense) [edited]

griebt42griebt42 Member ✭✭
edited September 2019 in Reports (Windows)
I'd like to have an option when defining any report such that quicken would add a "running balance" column to any report. For instance, if you ran a transaction report on an account including all transaction and clicked on this new "add running balance" feature, the report would look something like the register report.

.... as an aside, I'm not really sure why the register report is treated so specially anyway (on the "file" menu, etc). I'd like it to be on the Report menu and have all the flexibility as the other reports.
Tagged:
4 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod

Hello All,

This Idea seems to have fallen stagnant and due to the Age of the request and lack of User Votes/Comments, will be archived within the next 7 business days.

If you would like to see this Idea kept alive and considered for possible future implementation in Quicken, be sure to Add your Vote and a comment explaining how this Idea would be beneficial for you.

More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

-Quicken Tyka
  • griebt42griebt42 Member ✭✭
    Please keep this request active. This would be a very helpful feature.
    If not the running balance part, at least move the register to be
    a "regular" report please.
  • batguanobatguano Member
    Two requests related to running balances:
    - Include a customization option for the Spending by Category report, when used with a single account, to include opening and closing balances for the specified date range.
    - Add the ability to customize the Register Report and add it as a selection under Banking reports.
    The only workaround now is to export to Excel and spend a long time tailoring the spreadsheet to be organized and formatted like a Quicken report. Then to do the same at the end of each reporting period - typically monthly.