Home Quicken for Windows Product Ideas - Quicken for Windows Product Enhancements (Windows)

Please give us a subscription model

Why isn't Quicken keeping up with the times and offering a subscription model like every other highly-used app?  The fact that I have to change over to the "latest" revision to keep online access, which also changes the interfaces, access controls and a bunch of other stuff is highly annoying.  Just give us the most up-to-date version you can while our subscription is valid.  Please stop being mired in the past.  We're willing to pay for good quality, but being held ransom to do an update every 2-3 years is really ridiculous.
0 votes

Already Offered · Last Updated

Comments

• bmciancebmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you looked into buying Quicken recently?  That is exactly what they have done.  It is now only available by subscription (which many other users are complaining about!)
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-subscription-membership-faqs
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • The KeeperThe Keeper Member ✭✭✭✭
    You don't specify what version of Quicken you have. Although a new version of Quicken was introduced every year in the past, I would typically hang on to my current version for several years and then update. My previous Quicken version was 2014 and I then updated to Quicken 2018 which is subscription version which you have to renew every year. It is frequently being updated automatically  so you don't have to "change over" to the latest version.
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gary K. Massey, look around at eBay, WalMart, Amazon, etc.  They frequently have longer subscriptions and better pricing than does Q itself.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why isn't Quicken keeping up with the times and offering a subscription model like every other highly-used app? 
    Yikes - you may want to have a discussion on this topic with all those folks that hate the new Quicken subscription model and pricing introduced last year....
    Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.