Are all the startup problems resolved with respect to subscription version?

Long time (25+ years) user,currently using the 2017 Home and Business version (fully updated)  I have avoided switching to the subscription version because I was troubled by the many many problems / complaints of early switchers. This included less than helpful answers from customer support, at least early on.

Can anyone clarify if the subscription version has resolved its many start up issues, and that a switch now to a subscription version would be painless?

Best Answer

Answers

• Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Why switch now when Quicken 2017 online services don't expire until 4/30/20? I'm waiting until then.
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • Aware of the support date; but not used to not having / working with the latest bells and whistles.  I'd switch (after tax season) if I had confidence that the switch over was seamless and efficient.  Hoping to hear from those who had early problems.  Thanks
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    I have 2016, 2017 & subscription Quicken Premier and use 2016 for production.  I routinely take a copy of the 2016 file into subscription without any issues.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Overall it works and there are some nice new features, but I'm still using 2016 because there are still bugs (some new, some old). Details: 
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7850790/warning-before-you-buy-you-should-know-the-problems-continue/
  • I upgraded for a week and the issues have been so frequent I went back to 2016 myself and all seems good again.  
  • I upgraded for a week and the issues have been so frequent I went back to 2016 myself and all seems good again.  
    @sldhmhill87
    How about listing those issues so that the rest of us know what to look out for?  Maybe they aren't important to us.
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    ProfileX said:
    Overall it works and there are some nice new features, but I'm still using 2016 because there are still bugs (some new, some old). Details: 
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7850790/warning-before-you-buy-you-should-know-the-problems-continue/
    I just re-read your cited post and because it is closed, I'll respond here about one part.  When you take a copy of the 2016 file into subscription Q and activate QMobile against it, Quicken thinks both 2016 & subscription are the same file, so you can't blame it if it reports to you in one about things going on in the other.  It is, as far as I'm concerned, a mistake on Quicken's part for the files to be considered the same.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• splasher said:
    ProfileX said:
    Overall it works and there are some nice new features, but I'm still using 2016 because there are still bugs (some new, some old). Details: 
    I just re-read your cited post and because it is closed, I'll respond here about one part.  When you take a copy of the 2016 file into subscription Q and activate QMobile against it, Quicken thinks both 2016 & subscription are the same file, so you can't blame it if it reports to you in one about things going on in the other.  It is, as far as I'm concerned, a mistake on Quicken's part for the files to be considered the same.

Thanks. That partially makes sense, although I haven't used QW2016 to sync to the cloud or mobile in years because it was so frustrating I just gave up. The 2016 update summary shows "Quicken Cloud sync successful - 10/28/2017", and in the subscription version I've gone into Edit/Preferences/Cloud and reset the cloud data more than once. When I'm forced to switch to a newer version I may just create a new Quicken ID with a new email address & try to avoid more duplicate accounts.
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    You can delete your Quicken Cloud data by creating/opening a dummy Quicken data file and then deleting your regular data file from the Quicken Cloud.
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.