Sam's Club MC - Download Transactions - Online Balance Incorrect (Dropping Cents)

Downloads for my Sam's Club MasterCard worked fine until about 3 days ago. Now, every time I download, the online balance downloaded is dropping the cents (today my balance is 588.41, but Quicken shows 588.00). Consequently, I can't reconcile without doing a balance adjustment.

Best Answer

Answers

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help. Let them look at download log files on your computer to determine the cause of this issue.
    Meanwhile I recommend you do not auto-reconcile to online balance. Manually reconcile to statement balance once a month and get rid of the balance adjustment transactions.

Quicken Support:

• To contact Quicken Support, please use this link only:
      https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support 
      and select Chat or Phone support.
    • Phone support is only available during posted business hours. The phone number can found at this website.
    • To start Chat, your browser must allow popup windows from https://www.quicken.com
    • If you are eligible for Premium Support (purchased separately or included as part of your subscription to Quicken 2018 Premier or above) call the number that can be found at the top of your My Account page at https://www.quicken.com/my-account  (US) or https://www.quicken.com/canada/my-account (Canada) next to "Quicken Premium Support"  when you log in with your Quicken ID.
    • Other links or phone numbers found elsewhere on the Internet, even in some posts or emails received from the Community, may not be from Quicken or may not be up-to-date. Use those at your own risk.
    • Unlike other so-called "Quicken support providers", the real Quicken Support is free for all currently supported versions.
  • I have had the same thing happen for the past 3 days (Sam's Synchrony Mastercard).

When trying to reconcile after using One Step Update it drops the cents on the "statement balance" figure from Synchrony Bank (doesn't do that on any other accounts) making it impossible to reconcile.

However, I did find that if you go to your Sam's Synchrony online account and select "View Activity" then "Export" then "Activity Since Last Statement" and you manually download the transactions, then when you reconcile in Quicken the "statement balance" now shows the cents so that you are able to correctly reconcile that account.

I don't know if this is a Quicken issue or the path that One Step Update uses is getting corrupt data from Synchrony Bank but, either way, it needs to be fixed.
  • tjvols74tjvols74 Member
    I have the same problem with my WalMart Synchrony account.  

• thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Keith Davis , @Paul Roques and @tjvols74 ,

Right click on the Account Bar and adjust the menu to your liking.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R18.16 & Quicken 2017 HBRP
  • @thecreator that is only for the Accounts list, and has nothing to do with the online account balance used to reconcile.
  • Keith DavisKeith Davis Member
    edited March 4
    Support had me try several things, but nothing fixed it (which I was pretty sure would be the case), and now I have an open support case.
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • The MergThe Merg Member
    edited March 5
    It must be a Synchrony Bank thing... I just found that it is doing the same thing with my Old Navy Credit Card online balance. Instead of $31.80, the online balance in Quicken is listed as $31.00.

All transactions are entered and it reconciled just fine as of my last transaction on 2/12. It was just now when I tried to reconcile after the payment that processed yesterday that the discrepancy appeared.

- Merg
  • The MergThe Merg Member
    Support had me try several things, but nothing fixed it (which I was pretty sure would be the case), and now I have an open support case.
    If you speak to support again, please let them know that it appears to be an issue with Synchrony Bank accounts.

So far people with Sam's, WalMart, Amazon, and Old Navy cards are having issues and the common thread is Synchrony Bank.

Thanks,
    Merg
  • edited March 5
    Yup, me too.  Sam's Cub Mastercard via Synchrony Bank.  Rounding down cents.

[removed - speculation]

• The Merg said:
    If you speak to support again, please let them know that it appears to be an issue with Synchrony Bank accounts.

So far people with Sam's, WalMart, Amazon, and Old Navy cards are having issues and the common thread is Synchrony Bank.

Thanks,
    Merg
    I told them that already, FYI.
  • I am seeing the same issue with Synchrony accounts, cents are being dropped from online balance...
  • This morning the new transactions, which have posted to the Sam's Synchrony account, will not download at all with One Step Update.

I'd like to think that the Synchrony downloads through One Step Update are just shutoff while they fix the "cents" issue but if Synchrony's past history with Quicken compatibility is any indicator then it could be down for a while.

Good news is that it still works if you manually "Export" the data from the website.
  • So this morning I found out why my Sam's Synchrony transactions would not download at all yesterday.

It seems like, in Express Web Connect, the financial institution "Sam's Club Personal Credit Account" had changed to "Synchrony Bank Credit Cards" (which was nothing that I did) and therefore was excluded from One Step Update. When I check marked it for download it then wanted a password so I entered my Sam's password which didn't work and I didn't think it would as it is specific to Sam's Synchrony and no other Synchrony Credit accounts.

Only thing I could do at that point was deactivate the account from Express Web Connect and set it up again using "Sam's Club Personal Credit Account" as the financial institution and that solved the no download issue...of course, as usual, it then downloaded 3 months of duplicate transactions which I had to clean up.

After cleaning up the 3 months of duplicate transactions I tried reconciling the account and sure enough it's still dropping the cents.

Something is really screwed up with Synchrony accounts, not only with the dropping of the cents from the online balance but now it's decided to change the financial institution in the Online Services setup.
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    "Something is really screwed up with Synchrony accounts".  That's not surprising.  Synchrony has almost always had trouble dealing with Q.
    But the specific problem keeps changing.
    The only thing to do is to contact Q Support (see UKR's response at the top of this thread) and wait it out.
    OR, find another card issuer ... and tell Synchrony WHY you're leaving.
    I've left several FI's (cancelled accounts)  because of poor support of Q ... which is much more important to me that is the relationship with any single card issuer.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor"
  • Same problem with Sam's (Synchrony Bank) Mastercard.  One step update, everything is correct except for the online balance,  Rounded down to the next dollar amount.  What should be $93.56 is showing up in the account register as $93.00.  Assuming they will get it fixed within a few days.  If not, I'll be opening tickets with Quicken and Synchrony.  Meantime, if you want it to work, logon to your Sam's credit site and export your transactions in Quicken format.  Open the file and it will stuff any new transactions into your register along with the correct online balance.
  • Anyone else find it interesting that no Moderators have weighed in on this issue?

How 'bout it Moderators...what does Quicken have to say about this issue?
  • Yes, it appears they have resolved the issue.  I am in sync now as well.
  • Looks like I need to do the old deactivate/reactivate trick as my One Step Update has quit downloading Sam's.
    Then I get to spend the next 20 minutes cleaning up three months of duplicate transactions...great!
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like I need to do the old deactivate/reactivate trick as my One Step Update has quit downloading Sam's.
    Then I get to spend the next 20 minutes cleaning up three months of duplicate transactions...great!
    Hi @""Paul Roques"

Huh? Spend 20 minutes. I only spend 2 minutes or less.

I never Automatically add to banking Registers.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R18.16 & Quicken 2017 HBRP
  • Looks like I need to do the old deactivate/reactivate trick as my One Step Update has quit downloading Sam's.
    Yes, there is an easy way - download, reconcile (without review transactions), then accept all, show cleared only, highlight all, delete all. :smile:

Hi @""Paul Roques"

Huh? Spend 20 minutes. I only spend 2 minutes or less.

I never Automatically add to banking Registers.

"spend the next 20 minutes"...just a figure of speech or frustration with Synchrony's constant issues  B)
    Yes, there is an easy way - download, reconcile (without review transactions), then accept all, show cleared only, highlight all, delete all. :smile:

Good tip!  :)
  • "spend the next 20 minutes"...just a figure of speech or frustration with Synchrony's constant issues  B)
    Oh, I agree completely. 
This discussion has been closed.