Home Quicken for Windows All Things Canadian (Windows)

Bill Reminders not being entered automatically

Sometime in the last few releases my Quicken Canada H&B R16.16 stopped entering my bill and income reminders that I have set to automatically enter.
I have tried a data validate and repair - did not fix.
They will just sit there until I double-click them and enter them.
Ideas?

Using Quicken since sometime before the beta test of Quicken 6 for Windows in 1996... B)

Answers

• GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reminder table may have an issue that the validate does not repair. I would delete the offending reminder and re-add it. You can also enter a test reminder for the exact same payee/amount but trigger it just a few days out to see a successful trigger, then just delete.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 2004
  • J_MikeJ_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check this setting (if you have it in CA version);
    With your account register displayed - e.g., Checking acct register.
    Click on the upper gear icon - upper-right of register.
    Select "Reminders to show in register"
    Select the desired display option - 7 da, 14 da, etc.
    QWin & QMac (Deluxe) Subscription
    Quicken user since 1991

• MicroficheMicrofiche Member ✭✭
    Tried entering another one for a bill due on the 4th.
    Set it to enter automatically 3 days before the date (would be yesterday)
    Shut down and restarted - and it did not process?
    Just sits there.
    I changed the settings that @J_Mike referred to - no change.
    Using Quicken since sometime before the beta test of Quicken 6 for Windows in 1996... B)
  • GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried File>File Operations>Copy? This function rebuilds the tables in Quicken and is not just a Windows copy. This can also resolve some issues.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 2004
  • wilmcclwilmccl Member
    edited April 2019
    After using Quicken issue-free for 20 years, this is one of multiple issues that I have started having in the last 6 months.  Reminders disappear having not been entered in the proper register.  For scheduled loan payments, the payment is recorded in the loan register, but does not have a corresponding bank transaction.  Loans are now out of sync.  Validate did not fix.  Copy failed.  [removed]
    So nothing I guess? Still happening.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Please perform the steps in this document:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

edited June 2019
    Awesome, now I can't create a data file copy.
    This had worked that last time I looked at this issue in March, but now I am getting:
    Could not copy record of type 272. DB Error: 1250
    Could not copy record of type 316. DB Error: 100
    Could not copy record of type 342. DB Error: 1251

Also, EVERY time I run validate, I get:
    Quicken found a damaged scheduled reminder and removed it.
    I guess I have to recreate all of them?
    How can I get a list of them, INCLUDING the account?
    If I export the list, it doesn't have the account - which isn't much use.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like your data file was damaged in such a way that Quicken can't repair it. Restore your Quicken data file from a Manual or Automatic Backup taken prior to the problem first occurring, if necessary going back to older backups until you find a file that does not exhibit these symptoms.
    https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data
    I restored a number of backups going back a year, and I can copy none of them successfully at this point. I *know* that I was able to do this previously within the last year. Did an update break something?
    I have data going back to 1995 and dozens of bank and investment accounts with thousands of transactions, so starting from scratch isn't viable.
    Any other ideas?
    Is there some way to get through to a support resource that isn't just reading a script?
This discussion has been closed.