Feature Request: Navigation Keyboard Shortcuts for Accounts

Brian FrankBrian Frank Member ✭✭
edited November 15 in Product Enhancements (Mac)
Quicken for Mac keeps getting better, and you can do a lot without touching the mouse. But like the last mile problem with public transit, you can't quite get everywhere you need without going back to mouse or trackpad. One feature that would really be a game-changer would be the ability to JUMP to any area of the app with a quick shortcut. Evernote uses this. So does the Postbox email client. So does Airtable. A lot of products are starting to include this ability to get anywhere in a couple keystrokes. This JUMP feature might give you a list of your accounts so you can quickly pop over to the desired account register. 

If not this approach, then bare minimum a simple COMMAND-# would be nice to allow you to go to up to 10 different account registers. The bottom line is, the faster it is to use Quicken, the more committed I am to sticking with it. I've been looking for alternatives for months and I was very close to abandoning Quicken altogether for spreadsheets, or Airtable. But Quicken keeps improving. Robust keyboard shortcuts, to this productivity and efficiency nerd, would take Quicken from good to great.
Tagged:
3 votes

Under Consideration · Last Updated

Comments

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correct me, if I'm wrong, but I always thought that's what the Account Bar was there for ... a quick method to jump from one account register to the other. Not a keyboard shortcut, as you would like to have, but you're one mouse click away from your destination.
  • Brian FrankBrian Frank Member ✭✭
    That's true, and it's helpful. But when you get into a rhythm while reviewing account transactions, and you're going through dozens of them, cross-checking, flipping between accounts, etc., it's just faster if you can keep your hands on the keyboard. My philosophy is that the less time you can spend on a rote task, the better.
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1     :)

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs: