I have quicken 2018 and almost every time i go into my property page, the program crashes

• i go into Property and Debt, click the link for the property, the page starts loading and then it just hangs and crashes.  
  • I have a zillow property value - address linked
  • already deleted old address and reset the debt and zillow links.
  • no validation errors when checked
  • had quicken 2016 and upgraded to 2018 and my data file was corrupted so had to create a new data file and am still rebuilding 6 years of history.   was happening there too
when i upgraded to my previous version i started using zillow for property value was working fine for a small period of time so been dealing this for almost a year.

Please dont tell me you  were able to do it fine, i understand, just looking for solutions.
Very reluctant to create a new asset/loan/zillow grouping, have done it 3 times already.   starts well but eventually starts crashing.

Answers

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello goin2italy,

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of this issue with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

To better understand what is happening I have some additional questions for you, I apologize.

1. Does the crash occur when selecting the property from the Account List that goes down the left or right side of Quicken? 
       a. Or does it only occur when selecting the property from the Property & Debt tab?

2. Which link are you clicking in the Property & Debt tab?  The name of the property account or the "Current Value" link?

3. Does the register for the property account load at all before the crash occurs or does Quicken crash immediately following clicking on the link?

4. Does the crash occur with any other accounts or only the one property account?

5. Is the property linked to a mortgage account that is being tracked in Quicken?

6. If the property is added in a new, test data file for Quicken and not linked to Zillow does the crash still occur?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • goin2italy
    goin2italy Member ✭✭
    1. Does the crash occur when selecting the property from the Account List that goes down the left or right side of Quicken? 
       a. Or does it only occur when selecting the property from the Property & Debt tab?

BOTH

2. Which link are you clicking in the Property & Debt tab?  The name of the property account or the "Current Value" link?

THE NAME OF THE PROPERTY

3. Does the register for the property account load at all before the crash occurs or does Quicken crash immediately following clicking on the link?

SOMETIMES IT DOES STOP LOADING, SOMETIMES IT LOADS ALL OF IT AND THEN YOU GET THE SPINNING WHEEL AND THEN THE APP POPS

4. Does the crash occur with any other accounts or only the one property account?
    ONLY THE PROPERTY ACCOUNT.    JUST REBUILT THE THE ACCOUNT LIST AGAIN AND STARTED OVER (FROM A CORRUPT DATA FILE) AND IT STILL HAPPENS.

5. Is the property linked to a mortgage account that is being tracked in Quicken?
    YES

6. If the property is added in a new, test data file for Quicken and not linked to Zillow does the crash still occur?

• Same problem here with 2019 latest, as of today. Zestimate will occasionally crash Quicken. A restart of the program and redo of Zillow estimate will usually work, but its clearly an irregular bug. Problem has also been reported in another community post.
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello @onix,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, however, this is an older post and is less likely to get an answer.

I suggest creating a new post for better visibility.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7849429/how-to-add-a-post-to-the-community

Be sure to include a description of the issue, along with any error messages, as well as the version/release of Quicken that you're using.

The more information you can provide will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

This discussion has been closed.