Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Bank of America CC Statement Manual Download & Import

Hello - hope someone can help.

I'm attempting to download statements manually via Bank of America's site and import them into Quicken 2017 (Mac).

Here are the steps I'm taking:

1. Viewing 'activity' under B of A CC and clicking 'Download'

2. Selecting Web Connect for Quicken 2016 & Above and downloading the statement 

3. Selecting 'import' > 'bank or brokerage file' in Quicken, then selecting the QFX file I downloaded from B of A.

Here's the issue:

After clicking import, it asks me to choose my account. The only options I have are to add it to a new credit card account or link it to two different, unrelated accounts. It lists a business checking account and a SEP IRA account as options to link this CC statement to.

Does anyone know how I can go about importing this to the right account or why it'd only show those 2 random accounts as potential links? It doesn't seem like the other file formats B of A offers work with the version of Quicken I have.

I should note, in case it's relevant, that my online banking via Bank of America is a business account with personal accounts linked to it. The CC I'm trying to import statements for is a personal CC.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best Answer

Answers

• Thanks John. Adding a new account, dragging the transactions over, and deleting the account did the trick. Appreciate the quick response.
This discussion has been closed.