Home Quicken for Mac Errors and Troubleshooting (Mac)

I'm trying to find the equivalent of "classes" in Quicken for Mac 2017.

Found stuff on "tags", which appear to be the same, but can't figure how to easily assign an expense to a specific class. Tried the back slash, but that seemed only to create a new category.
Any help really appreciate..thannks

Best Answers

• jacobsjacobs ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    And to not overlook it, I wanted to reiterate the benefit of Tags versus the old Classes which John mentioned: the ability to assign multiple tags to a transaction, which isn't possible with the old Classes.
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • smayer97smayer97 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    That is definitely a benefit. With that can come double counting in certain reports, so you have to manage them well.

The tradeoff is there is no sub-class equivalent now, which may or may not be an issue for you. You may have to rethink how you manage your tags (vs classes) for data entry and for reports.
    Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:COMPLETE list of Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac to VOTE on

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen
    ? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(
    Canadian Q user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Accepted Answer
    Thank you, John! It worked!

Answers

• jacobsjacobs SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    And to not overlook it, I wanted to reiterate the benefit of Tags versus the old Classes which John mentioned: the ability to assign multiple tags to a transaction, which isn't possible with the old Classes.
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    That is definitely a benefit. With that can come double counting in certain reports, so you have to manage them well.

The tradeoff is there is no sub-class equivalent now, which may or may not be an issue for you. You may have to rethink how you manage your tags (vs classes) for data entry and for reports.
    Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:COMPLETE list of Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac to VOTE on

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen
    ? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(
    Canadian Q user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Thank you all, for your quick responses...now I need to figure out how to display the separate column for tags...

I am really on top of Quicken 2007, so am finding some aspects of 2017 frustrating!
  • Judy SchusterJudy Schuster Member
    Accepted Answer
    Thank you, John! It worked!
This discussion has been closed.