Does anyone else have transactions disappear?

ChrisS70
ChrisS70 Member ✭✭
I just started using Quicken again after a long hiatus and I am having major issues with the sync (I guess).  I can enter a transaction on my mobile phone using the app and when I look back at the register the next day online or on the desktop, it is gone.  I sync first thing when I open the desktop app on Windows 10 and have to re-enter transactions quite frequently and they are always transactions that I entered in the mobile app.  After a sync, I see that the transaction is gone in the mobile app too.  This is not acceptable and I need to find a guaranteed fix - not a work around - for this issue.
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello ChrisS70,

Sorry, to hear that you're experiencing this frustration.

Try entering a transaction on the mobile app and initiating sync from the mobile app.

• Swipe down on the Mobile App home screen. All the data from the cloud is then downloaded to your mobile device.
    It sounds as if the desktop version is being synced and overwrites the transaction on the mobile app to replace that information with what is in the file.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • ChrisS70
    ChrisS70 Member ✭✭
    I did as you suggested and when I check the desktop and sync there, the entry I added on my tablet is not present.  I will check the tablet and see if the entry is still there or not.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for trying that and letting me know the result.

I would try the steps outlined in https://www.quicken.com/support/troubleshooting-quicken-mobile-companion-app.

I would also like to ask if you are prompted to choose which file to view and if you are using the Windows or Mac software?

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • ChrisS70
    ChrisS70 Member ✭✭
    It worked right for a little while, but now the mobile app is almost useless. I get phantom entries and nothing I enter mobile makes it into my desktop during sync. The sync removes them instead of incorporating them into the desktop file - this happens with my phone and my tablet. I also attempted to add a new loan account from my bank, but quicken can't find it while I can see it plainly when I log into the bank website.

I did try the instructions at the link you provided a few times and I still get this result. Also, is there a way for me to remove files in the web/mobile version that I do not want?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello ChrisS70,

I apologize for the delay.

Cloud accounts can be removed and the steps can be found at the link below.
    https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows

What is the name of the bank that holds this loan account?

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • ChrisS70
    ChrisS70 Member ✭✭
    The bank that the loan is with is Georgia's Own Credit Union. Right now there is a server problem that is keeping me from connecting to them. Thanks for the information, I was able to delete the accounts I don't want to keep. You're a gem Quicken_Tyka!
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Chris,

Thank you for your kind words.

Sorry, to hear that you are unable to connect your loan account and are receiving an error message.

You may want to enter the loan manually- when a loan is connected for download transactions can't be entered and the loan becomes rigid and can't be edited.
    https://www.quicken.com/support/how-set-loan

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.