Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How do I get a new username for my online Wells Fargo account to save in Quicken for Mac?

I recently had to change my online username with Wells Fargo. However, Quicken continues to use the old name. I've tried to update the password, delete the old credentials and create new ones, and delete old saved information in my Mac keychain, but it continues to fail. I have to manually enter the new username and new password each time I attempt to download transactions. I think I must be missing one place where I need to change to the new username. Anyone have suggestions?

Best Answers

• chadkillebrew
    chadkillebrew Member
    Accepted Answer
    I think that fixed it. I will confirm Wednesday when I download transactions again, but it didn't throw up an error message when I entered the new credentials. Thanks for the help.
  • chadkillebrew
    chadkillebrew Member
    Accepted Answer
    Today the download worked successfully without me having to manually re-enter the username/password. It took longer than normal when it was working, but there were no errors. So I’m going to see what happens early next week as I continue downloading. If it errors out again, I’ll make the test file.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello Chadkillebrew,

Sorry, to hear that you are having trouble!

Please see https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-updating-accounts-103-or-101.

All of the accounts with Wells Fargo will need to be deactivated and the keychain password removed.

The steps in the article above need to be followed to correct this issue.

Let us know if you need any clarification!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • chadkillebrew
    chadkillebrew Member
    edited March 2019
    I referenced the article and followed all the steps. However, after putting in my account information again, the first time Quicken tries to connect a window pops up with the Account Credentials for Wells Fargo Bank and still lists the old account name. Then the Account Status window pops up and indicates CREDENTIALS_NOT_AVAILABLE for all three accounts I just linked. That's the saved name that I just can't seem to get rid of. I deleted multiple Keychain entries involving Quicken, including some older ones that I don't think are involved in this issue.
    One other odd thing I just noticed: When I go back into the Keychain Access app, a new password with the old bank log-in information has been created, after I deleted the old one.
    Any other suggestions?
  • chadkillebrew
    chadkillebrew Member
    Accepted Answer
    I think that fixed it. I will confirm Wednesday when I download transactions again, but it didn't throw up an error message when I entered the new credentials. Thanks for the help.
  • Mixed results today: The first time I attempted to download transactions I received a 105 scrape error. But when I clicked retry, it worked without me having to re-enter my username/password, which I was having to do previously. So hopefully attempt one today was an anomaly and it will work correctly moving forward. Thanks again.
  • Unfortunately, the wellsfargononqfx.scr option wasn't working at all today. The first error message was website unavailable ccscrape 105 corrupted QFX code unable to process message in qfx. After I tried to fix it, I then received an error message stating server error internal.api: Throttler denied request. Decision was in_progress. I've tried to switch back to Wells Fargo Bank for the connection type. I'll know tomorrow whether that sticks or still tries to pull up the old account name. 
  • Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello chadkillebrew. Sorry that the change in accounts did not resolve the issue.

I would try making a test file (File > New, no mobile/web) and try adding your Wells Fargo accounts to see if the issue exists in a new environment.

Please let us know the results.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • chadkillebrew
    chadkillebrew Member
    Accepted Answer
    Today the download worked successfully without me having to manually re-enter the username/password. It took longer than normal when it was working, but there were no errors. So I’m going to see what happens early next week as I continue downloading. If it errors out again, I’ll make the test file.
This discussion has been closed.