Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Q2018 will not import qfx files

I'm on Mac Mojave 10.14.3, Quicken 2018 5.11.0. I have manually imported qfx into my various account for years. Now i can't import into Wells Fargo, Bank of America or Chase accounts. I have Deactivated Downloads in the Troubleshooting tab, then reset up downloads. I entered the code, and selected the proper account to link to. Still downloads do not process into my accounts either by importing a qfx file or by clicking Update Selected Account Online.

Answers

• Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Graeme. Appreciate your question.

There could be an issue with the Quicken file itself. When did this issue start happening?

Have you tried making a test file and importing these accounts to see if the issue exists in a new environment?

Please let us know so that we can best help you.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Graeme Magruder
    Graeme Magruder Member ✭✭
    Hi Harold,
    I created a test account for my BofA card. It correctly downloaded entries from 12-17-18 to present; maybe that’s BofA's default time period. Then I tried to import a QFX file from a previous time period into that test account, but it instead imported the entries into a newly created “Credit Card” account. I’ve played with Account Settings but can’t get the QFX files to import into the correct account.
    Graeme
  • Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Graeme. Appreciate your information.

When a QFX file is imported into Quicken, the Quicken program recognizes it as a Web Connect file, so it might request that you add the account temporarily and then move the transactions imported from the temporary account (Checking, etc.) into the existing Quicken account.

I would reach out to Quicken Phone Support so that one of our Mac representatives can look into the issue further and we can help you with your current situation and we can work towards resolution.

We apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.