Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

One Step Update crashes Quicken

Was running Quicken 2017 when it updated to R19.1. Immediately after the update, initiating a One Step Update and after putting in my password it would lock up Quicken without the OSU window ever coming up. Went ahead and Upgraded to Quicken 2019 and having the same problem.  Already tried validating the file, no errors, but OSU still crashes program.

Answers

• GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make note of the latest backup your current file is and begin restoring until OSU completes successfully. If that still fails then the installation may be bad and you should uninstall and reinstall.

user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1909
  • amaury1070amaury1070 Member
    Tried everything, plus was online chat with tech support for almost 2 hours. Did a plethora of things, but still freezes as soon as I enter my vault password and click update....
  • amaury1070amaury1070 Member
    I have 3 different computers with Q2017 and Q2019 and they all do the same thing....
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried everything, plus was online chat with tech support for almost 2 hours. Did a plethora of things, but still freezes as soon as I enter my vault password and click update....
    A freeze and a crash are two completely different symptoms.

Assuming Quicken is not crashing but is freezing, I suggest you attempt to determine what One Step Update is doing when it freezes.  One way to do this is to tweak the One Step Update settings before attempting a One Step Update.

Note: If you are syncing to the Quicken Cloud, the initial upload apparently may take a significant amount of time (hours).
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 3 different computers with Q2017 and Q2019 and they all do the same thing....
    Hi @amaury1070 ,

Have you tried clicking Settings, in order to see what is being updated, rather than clicking on Update Now, immediately after entering the Vault Password?

Uncheck everything, then check to update one item and see if it still crashes.

Report back on testing each one, but after testing them all.