Upgrade v2017 to R19.1 issue

After updating my Quicken 2017 Deluxe to R19.1, every time I open the application I get a  Welcome screen that ask if I am a new use or I'm Upgrading.  I find my .QDF and open it but when I close Quicken, create the backup file.  Open it back up it goes to the same Welcome screen.

This is becoming a little more than frustrating.  I have been using Quicken since it was three 3.5" floppys, version 2.1 I believe (still have them).  

Has anyone else run into this issue and been able to correct the problem?

Thank you for any assistance.

Mark M.

Comments

• Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    What is the path to your Quicken data file?
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    What is the path to your Quicken data file?
    Along with that, what exactly is the name of that data file?  Be exact, a space in the wrong place can cause trouble.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
  • Mark MMark M Member
    Sorry to take so long in replying back to this but I am still having this issue.

Quicken 2017 Quicken Deluxe R19.1 Build 26.1.19.1
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.706) taken from winver.
    USA Quicken program

QDF file is now mm56_Apr142019.qdf with admin access for logon.
    File is located in directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken\locales

Finally put a shortcut from my file on to my desktop and launch it from there as a work around but I still want to get it working correctly from just launching the application.

Thank you,

• GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure how/why your QDF data file is located in Program Files, but it should be located in the Documents\Quicken folder. As a general rule, user data files should never be stored in the Program Files folder.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1809
  • Mark MMark M Member
    I did have it in the C:\Users\Icheban\Documents\Quicken folder but when this issue occurred and it opened up the application and asked "Select existing data filet to get started" it kept defaulting to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken\locales folder, so I thought that was where the QDF files was supposed to go and moved it there but that did not fix the issue.

• GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    As noted earlier, Quicken does not like spaces. I see you do not currently have spaces in the name and that should be fine, but I would suggest renaming the file to QDATA and leave in the Documents folder. Open Quicken and if prompted select QDATA. Close Quicken, then reopen. You should not be prompted again for which file. Also make sure if using Dropbox that Documents\Quicken is NOT included for syncing as it will cause issues.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1809
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Mark M ,

Do you have a Manual Backup to your current Quicken Data File? You might profit from reinstalling Quicken 2017 to get it working correctly.

See this procedure: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7731283/installing-reinstalling-and-upgrading-to-windows-quicken-2017-versions-procedural-adjustment

Remember before you begin, make sure that you make a Manual Backup of your current Quicken Data File, off of the operating system's partition or Hard Drive.

While your operating system is valid, it is not the current Public Release, That Release is Build 17763.404.

You might wish to upgrade now or wait for Build 18362.### coming in May. The choice is yours.
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R18.16 & Quicken 2017 HBRP
This discussion has been closed.