Access to my Quicken software

I have Quicken Deluxe 2017 Windows with a 2 year subscription 3/20/2018 to 3/20/2020.  
When I click on my Quicken button on my Toshiba laptop I do not get any response at all.  I checked with my local computer guru to see if it involved my computer but he did not see a problem and suggested I check with Quicken.  What could be the problem?

Comments

• GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    There is nothing that is preventing you from accessing your application nor data. You do not provide any details on your issue, so that would be a start.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1809
  • Dan GlynhamptonDan Glynhampton SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Just to be clear on which version you're using, if you have a two year subscription you must have Q2018 (which will have updated to Q2019 if you have applied that latest patches). Q2017 isn't part of the membership plan.  You also don't say which version of Windows you're using, so I'll assume Windows 10.

As your two-year subscription started in March 2018 I assume you've been using it successfully for about a year.  Have you recently connected your laptop to an external monitor and used Quicken on it?  The most likely explanation is that the Quicken window is off your screen somewhere.  If you click Alt-Tab (after clicking the icon you normally click to start Quicken) does the Quicken window appear in the window list?  If so it's running but not on your screen.

Getting it back can be a challenge as Quicken doesn't respond to the Windows 10 cascade and stack commands.  The best thing to try, if you've confirmed that Quicken is running with Alt-Tab, is to hold down the shift key and right click the Quicken icon in the taskbar, that will pop-up a window like this:

Select Move from that menu and use the arrow keys on your keyboard to move the window around and see if you can get it back onto your screen.
    US Quicken Deluxe for Windows 2019 R18.16 on Windows 10 Pro v1809
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @2bompiena ,

See this post: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7803899/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-how-you-are-connected-to-the-internet#latest

You did not include information on the operating system. You did not write if you installed Quicken or not.

Comment back.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R18.16 & Quicken 2017 HBRP
  • Gary K. MasseyGary K. Massey Member ✭✭✭✭
    You stated in your post, "When I click on my Quicken button on my Toshiba laptop I do not get any response at all." After all the technical advice you have received, this may sound a little trivial. On occasion, I will click on a program button (shortcut) on my computer and nothing happens. I will go to the start menu, find the program and click on it and nothing happens. I then re-boot my computer and everything is working again.

I'm not criticizing other respondents to your problem, it just that sometimes I have spent an hour on line with a tech support representative who finally gave up, and told me I needed a new device and I finally fixed the problem myself with something as simple as rebooting by computer. This has happened several times and it isn't always a computer reboot but some other simple solution that makes you go "duh!"