Quicken 2019 exe file? Where is it. See my full question below.

I rec'd notice that my Quicken subscription renewed on 3/11/2019, presumably for the new 2019 Quicken.  When I go to download, the exe file is for Quicken "2018".  I thought I paid for Quicken 2019.  There are no "download" buttons next to the product called Quicken 2019.  What's the deal?  And does anybody have a phone number for Quicken Tech Support? Please advise.  

Best Answers

Answers

• Dear Markus, thank you so much for answering my question...I hope that the money I paid is for an updated version. I'll install and go take a look.  Thank you for your kind help.  
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I purchased the upgrade Quicken 2019.  When it started installing it automatically uninstalled the current file (2017).  The first time.  It also stopped installing and gave an error message that my computer did not meet requirements.  But it does.  I downloaded it to a disk hoping that would help.  It did not.  In my research in Quicken Community I found a very long, complicated fix that "Creator" suggests we try.  I am quite upset that my Quicken program(s) will not open and the upgrade does not install.  And we are expected to fix the problem.  I would think that Quicken cares enough about retaining their Quicken customers (I've been using Quicken since 1994) and protecting their reputation to gain new customers.  I feel used and abused, quite simply.
    If you don't want to follow "a very long, complicated fix that "Creator" suggests we try", do the QCleanUI process suggested by Quicken found here: QCleanUI - Clean Uninstall 
    Your original issue was that the download installation program probably had its Windows properties (right-click on the program and choose Properties) set for some compatibility mode which it should not have.  So, now, do the QCleanUI process and make sure that no compatibility settings are set and do the install again.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I purchased the upgrade Quicken 2019.  When it started installing it automatically uninstalled the current file (2017).  The first time.  It also stopped installing and gave an error message that my computer did not meet requirements.  But it does.  I downloaded it to a disk hoping that would help.  It did not.  In my research in Quicken Community I found a very long, complicated fix that "Creator" suggests we try.  I am quite upset that my Quicken program(s) will not open and the upgrade does not install.  And we are expected to fix the problem.  I would think that Quicken cares enough about retaining their Quicken customers (I've been using Quicken since 1994) and protecting their reputation to gain new customers.  I feel used and abused, quite simply.
    Deborah Hudson ,

Can you post a History of your operating system's partition?

Not everyone has the same History.

Starting from Windows XP, came Windows Vista, then came Windows 7 to Windows 8 to 8.1 then Windows 10.

If you had Windows XP, you could upgrade to Windows Vista, then 7 to Windows 8, to 8.1then finally to Windows 10 on the same partition.

Like Windows does, so goes Quicken in recommending that one upgrades over top of your current installation.

I found that it causes the Users problems, which was why I wrote that procedure.

You haven't post any information on your operating system.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R20.15 & Quicken 2017 HBRP R19.4
  • I want to give a big thanks to all in the community for answering my question.  I won't be able to give each of you a personal thanks ..... but thank you to each of you for taking the time to respond to me.... thank you so much!
This discussion has been closed.