Home Before you Buy
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Why does the shopping cart line item show my discount but the total does not?

Hello Quicken,

I tried to use the promotional discount you sent me.

While the line item in the shopping cart shows the discount -- THE TOTAL DOES NOT! ???

Here's a screen shot.

Please let me know when this is fixed so I can actually purchase.

Thanks

Best Answer

• Jack LooseJack Loose Member
    Accepted Answer
    Hello Again,

On a whim I decided to enter my credit card and click through to "Review Order" to see what would happen even though the Amount Due on the first page doesn't show the expected discount.

Once I advanced to the next screen in the checkout page flow the total amount presented is changed to the now discounted amount as shown in the following screen shot.    After that, I was able to successfully place the order and was charged the expected discounted amount.

My conclusion is that the bug in the check-out workflow is a presentation issue on the first page of the workflow.

Answers

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  They are the only ones who can resolve ordering issues.

Quicken Support:

• To contact Quicken Support, please use this link only:
      https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  and select Chat or Phone support.
      Phone support is only available during posted business hours. The phone number can found at this website.
    • To start Chat, your browser must allow popup windows from https://www.quicken.com
    • If you are eligible for Premium Support (purchased separately or included as part of your subscription to Quicken 2018 Premier or H&B) call the number that can be found at the top of your My Account page at https://www.quicken.com/my-account  (US) or https://www.quicken.com/canada/my-account (Canada) next to "Quicken Premium Support"  when you log in with your Quicken ID.
    • Other links or phone numbers found elsewhere on the Internet, even in some posts or emails received from the Community, may not be from Quicken or may not be up-to-date. Use those at your own risk.
    • Unlike other so-called "Quicken support providers", the real Quicken Support is free for all currently supported versions.

• thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jack Loose ,

The 40% Discount only applies to the first year of Quicken.

"https://www.quicken.com/ "

Scroll down to the bottom:

"
    † Limited time offer of 40% off the list price applies only to the purchase of Quicken Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business for the first year only when you order directly from Quicken by March 19, 2019, 11:59 PM PT. Offer good for new memberships only. Offer listed above cannot be combined with any other offers. Terms, conditions, pricing, features, offers and service options subject to change without notice."

Is this the first Subscription Order for Quicken?
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R31.12  USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.6 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 21313.1000
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19042.804

Note: Product What's New in Quicken is grayed out.. Also Year is stuck on 2020 and Copyright Date is stuck 2018 in About Quicken.

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

• splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    That stinks if you only get the discount on the first twelve months of a greater than 12 month subscription.
    We found out awhile back that the discounts only applied to first time purchasers of subscription Quicken and not to renewing users.  I wonder if they really meant "first year" rather than "first purchase of subscription" which depending on the length of the subscription is two very different things.
    We need an official ruling on this from Quicken.  (reported to Moderators)
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• The offer I was attempting to use was presented in Quicken 2016 and provides 40% off a 2-year subscription.  Also, this is for the first Subscription Order for Quicken.

In either case, if you view the screen shot,the shopping cart shows a line item for the subscription WITH the discount and then the total WITHOUT the discount.  I.e. it doesn't add up and thus is an error condition regardless of the subscription term.
  • @UKR

Thanks for the suggestion.  I contacted Quicken support via chat and they indicated they will be able to process the order with the expected discount if I call them during the work week.

For others watching this thread, here's the transcript below.  I'll follow up once I've actually been able to make the purchase.    There's definitely bug in Quicket's e-com solution they need to fix vs. having people call to order after they've been presented a specific promotion.

****************************************************************************************

MeMar 17, 2019, 2:35pm

I attempted to respond to an offer for a discounted upgrade/2-year subscription that was presented to me in Quicken 2016. The offer was for 40% 2-years (not just 40% off the first year). Once I clicked on the offer and confirmed I wanted to proceed with the 2-year offer a shopping cart was presented for check-out. The shopping cart shows the 2-year subscription with the discount BUT the total amount and taxes due are shown WITHOUT any discount. I.e. the 2-year discounted subscription shows up as a $60 line item (the only line item in the cart) and then the Amount Due shown is $100 (no discount) and taxes are calculated off of the $100. The total should have been $60.

A screen shot is available in this support thread: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/19992868#Comment_19992868

AgentMar 17, 2019, 2:40pm

Understood. We can definitely work that discount for you. However, for security purposes we are not allowed to placed the order for your over chat. We can get you the discount so that you pay the price for 2 years with the 40% discount but we will need you to call us during our business hours so that you can securely share your card info with a phone agent but that would have to be until tomorrow from 5am to 5pm PST 650-250-1900. I will give you a case number so that they can work on the discount for you when you call us

MeMar 17, 2019, 2:40pm

OK thank you

AgentMar 17, 2019, 2:41pm

Here you go: ########

• Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Jack. Appreciate the information.

Yes, we would be happy to extend you the 40% discount or Quicken 2019 if you reach out to us this week via phone.  Please reference the case number in which you received from the chat agent so that we can assist you..

Thank you in advance!
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Jack LooseJack Loose Member
    Accepted Answer
    Hello Again,

On a whim I decided to enter my credit card and click through to "Review Order" to see what would happen even though the Amount Due on the first page doesn't show the expected discount.

Once I advanced to the next screen in the checkout page flow the total amount presented is changed to the now discounted amount as shown in the following screen shot.    After that, I was able to successfully place the order and was charged the expected discounted amount.

My conclusion is that the bug in the check-out workflow is a presentation issue on the first page of the workflow.

• smayer97smayer97 SuperUser, Mac Beta, Canada Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW, it turns out that Quicken treats ANY customer as a NEW customer if their subscription has lapsed for more than 30 days.
    Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:COMPLETE list of Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac to VOTE on

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen
    ? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(
    Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.