Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Is there a way to increase the size of the information boxes in split transactions?

Bill VanLoh
Bill VanLoh Member ✭✭✭
Is there a way to increase the size of the information boxes in split transactions? These are the boxes that appear to the right of amounts paid, and beneath the word "Total".

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    The recent update to 5.11 added the ability to increase the font size in registers. Unfortunately, this didn't affect the font size of the splits. I believe this is an oversight and I hope they correct it.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Bill VanLoh
    Bill VanLoh Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks Rick, Just to clarify my question.... I often need to include more text for some split transactions, more than can be viewed in the "box" for splits. I can enter more, but it is beyond the right edge of the info box and can only be seen by scrolling through the text. It would be nice to have slightly larger boxes (left-to-right) to allow more of the entered text to be seen.
  • RickO
    No, unfortunately that's not possible either. You can search for (and submit if you don't find it) and IDEA post for that request.

The only hint I can offer is that once you've selected the field and it's highlighted, hitting the right arrow on the keyboard jump all the way to the end, letting you see the rightmost portion.
  • Bill VanLoh
    Bill VanLoh Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks, I thought that might be the case. I'll try to find the method to post it as an IDEA....
  • Bill VanLoh
    Bill VanLoh Member ✭✭✭
    Where is one able to post an IDEA for improving Quicken for Mac?
  • RickO
    Sorry, maybe somebody else can help you with that. If we were on the old forum, I could help. But I haven't taken the time to learn the ins and outs of this new one, and I'm probably never going to. 

In any case, search before you create a new Idea. (Sorry, I don't know how to tell you to search either.)
This discussion has been closed.