Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How to force to download past transactions for new file

Today I created a new file, hooked it up to a couple of bank accounts at the same institution to manage my inlaws finances but it puts the opening balance as today and downloads just a couple of transactions. How do I get it to go back a year? I am using Quicken for Mac 2019 5.11.0

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Thank you for the response!

Chase does provide an option to download a QFX file.

After selecting the account in question, look for the download insignia next to the printer icon.

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Hello Plitwin,

What is the name of the bank? 

It may be possible to download a file of the previous transactions, but the ability to do so is at the discretion of the bank.

If you let us know the name of the bank and the type of accounts you are trying to add, we can verify if the bank supports this.

Let us know!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • plitwin
    plitwin Member
    edited March 2019
    I have two banks. One is HomeStreet, and I went back and downloaded all transactions, one month at a time, for HomeStreet. I had to also delete the reconcile items it placed in the account initially.

This brings me to Chase. When I setup the account, it downloaded transactions from today back to January of 2019 but I want to go back to March of 2018. I can't find anywhere on the Chase site to download transactions. Is this a known issue with Chase or am I failing to find them? Thanks.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Accepted Answer
    Thank you for the response!

Chase does provide an option to download a QFX file.

After selecting the account in question, look for the download insignia next to the printer icon.

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Thanks so much Quicken Tyka. I called Chase and they told me you couldn't download transactions older than 90 days but by following your advice, I was able to go back a year!! Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.