Why is Quicken Bill Pay so slow?

I updated to Q19 Subscription in November and Quicken required new registration through Quicken Bill Pay in order to pay bills via Quicken.  As of today (3-23-19) I have not received my new QBP registration.  I call them and their Customer Service is terrible.  Always different excuses and lack of accountability.   Ridiculous!

Answers

• splashersplasher SuperUser
    Not an answer to your real question, but with as many banks as there are that offer free billpay service that can be controlled via Quicken, why use Quicken Bill Pay?
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• ps56kps56k SuperUser
    edited March 24
    I happen to use CHASE - and my checking account works just fine directly with ONLINE  Bill Pay - no other 3rd party required -
    Quicken 2019 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
    ps56k said:
    I happen to use CHASE - and my checking account works just fine directly with Quicken Bill Pay - no other 3rd party required -
    Not clear.  Are you using Quicken's Bill Pay or controlling Chase's bill pay?  Your "no other 3rd party required"  implies you are using Chase's bill pay system.

• ps56kps56k SuperUser
    edited March 24
    Controlling Chase via CHASE Bill Pay -
    Actually, I've been using the Chase Bill Pay by logging into the Chase website, and using the "Paying Bills" section..... So had Payees setup, and also some pending bills.
    Happen to stumble across a thread that implied I could use ONLINE Bill Pay DIRECTLY thru Chase - so I tagged my Quicken Chase account as shown, and voila - it all was connected and working just fine....   What I do in Quicken ONLINE Bill Pay shows up on the Chase Pay Bills website, and if I do something there, in the Chase Pay Bills section, it shows up in the Quicken check register..... all via One Step Update -

ps56k said:
    ….   What I do in Quicken Bill Pay shows up on the Chase Pay Bills website, and if I do something there, in the Chase Pay Bills section, it shows up in the Quicken check register..... all via One Step Update - 

I know I'm nitpicking on words here, but Quicken Bill Pay is a service of Quicken, controlling Chase's Bill Pay service via Quicken is NOT Quicken Bill Pay and calling it that is confusing to users which are not aware of the difference.

• ps56kps56k SuperUser
    OK - I'll go back and change it to "Online Bill Pay" as per the screen capture...

• Let me clarify or restate my original question...
    All I want is to be able to pay my bills via Quicken.  With my old Quicken software, it was easy and seamless.  Now, because Quicken Bill Pay has not processed my new registration SINCE NOVEMBER, I have to go to the Quicken Bill Pay website to pay my bills.  Very inconvenient and inefficient, and they charge me $9.95 per month for their incompetence.  I probably COULD pay my bills via my bank's online banking service, but that's not my point.  I should be able to pay my bills without leaving the Quicken portal.  What am I missing?
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser
    Let me clarify or restate my original question...
    All I want is to be able to pay my bills via Quicken.  I probably COULD pay my bills via my bank's online banking service, but that's not my point.
    We understand - and are offering additional info - depending upon which bank you have, yes, you COULD pay by the banks online bill paying website AND potentially hook that account up directly to Quicken - with one checkbox - as I posted above....
    So... what bank do you use ?

This discussion has been closed.