Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Change "Ignore" back to "Skip"

Rocket J Squirrel
Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
I never understood why "Skip" was changed to "Ignore" when dealing with memorized repeating transactions. It seems less clear.
Given that we are still facing the bug in QW2019 where an entered repeating transaction fails to advance to the next scheduled instance, there's a whole lot of skipping going on.
"Ignore" is simply not the right word and it confuses people. Let's switch it back.
Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
24 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited August 2019
    [removed] You are right that the current language is confusing.

The underlying bug should definitely be in the Known Product Issues category.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    :+1: to both of you.
  • abbey9
    abbey9 Member ✭✭
    Ditto.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Don’t forget to vote by clicking the triangle in the first post.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • cranky_user
    cranky_user Member ✭✭✭
    I voted.  I never liked this change either.  "Ignore" is confusing here.  Does it mean ignore this bill forever?  Ignore just this instance?  "Skip" is clearer.
    Quicken Windows 2017 R19.7.  Quicken user since 1999
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Bump.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I always found it strange it was changed in the first place given that I never saw anyone request it.

The other thing I found interesting about the whole thing is the very fact that it seems that now it is "too much trouble for such a little thing", but it was "big enough" to change it in the first place.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/