Reports like the Windows version

Steven T WilliamsSteven T Williams Member ✭✭
edited November 15 in Reports (Mac)
Mac version reports also trying to be too fancy.  Less effort on appearance and more on content and strictly to the point.  Net Worth by a date not date range.  Net Worth does not need first page which is basically blank and waste paper.
Tagged:
4 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Make reports more flexible. Permitting the user to personalize. i.e ability to ad and/or delete columns. 
  • Need to have a listing of scheduled transactions

• jacobsjacobs SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Richard said:
    Make reports more flexible. Permitting the user to personalize. i.e ability to ad and/or delete columns. 
    Richard, are you using "New Report" on the reports menu? It allows you to create a wide variety of reports, and you have extensive control over showing/hiding columns, re-arranging column order, and adjusting column width. Isn't this what you're asking for?
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • DebbieDebbie Member
    Please hurry and make Quicken for Mac desktop - business version, entrepreneur version...something to make it a tad more serious, with customizable reports like Quicken 2007! I do not want to migrate to Quickbooks for my business!
    @Debbie As I mentioned on your post in a separate thread, a request to be "more serious" needs to be much more granular to tell the developers what you are looking for and currently lacking. The reports in Quicken 2019 aren't equal to Quicken 2007, but a lot of functionality has been added over the past year, and many comparable reports can now be created. Can you elaborate on what reports you have in Quicken 2007 that you you cannot create in Quicken 2019?
  • billeye10billeye10 Member ✭✭
    Reports on Q2016 for windows was more flexible and seemed more user friendly. I switched to Quicken for Mac last year from Window Q2016. I like to provide a detailed comparison between the two but not having Windows Q2016 any more I can’t. I have tried to be unbiased but come to the conclusion I could get the report I wanted with the Windows version with easier. I feel the Quicken developers can put the two side by side and see the what makes the Windows version better. All in all I am not unhappy with the MAC version. It helped me get PCs out of the house. Thank You
    @billeye10 In some cases, what makes one version "better" than another depends entirely on users' points of view. For instance, I can say that I think the one-line registers in Quicken Mac are better than the old two-line registers in legacy Quicken Mac and Quicken Windows -- but I know there are a lot of Quicken users out there who would jump to disagree with me. No one's right or wrong; it's a matter of what each user finds suits their style of working with Quicken best.

With reports, while some things can be objectively noted as reports that exist in Windows but not in the Mac version, the Mac developers are trying not to create things just to replicate every detail of a Windows program that has developed a fair amount of feature bloat over three decades. There may be some features in the Windows version which were created 15 or 20 or more years ago which few people use or want, which they don't need to replicate. That's why they want to hear from users, to help drive the priorities for what gets developed next. (And yes, everyone would like that development to be happening faster -- including the developers!)